“Good all around place”

Restaurant Mar y Tierra
Ranked #60 of 88 Restaurants in Salinas
Cuisines: Ecuadorean
Reviewed May 22, 2017

Our guide took us here. It was a good place to eat at but unfortunately they were out of a few of the things we tried to order/
Still was ok.

Reviewed September 13, 2016

I just returned from Ecuador (1 Sep 16) after about three weeks exploring the beautiful country. Went to Salinas to be able to check the environment there and see about real estate possibilities. This restaurant has a nice face to it and it has a nice view - location is great - That"s where anything positive about this restaurant ends

The service was horrendous (to say the least) Just one example - asked for an garlic sauce (which was available - nothing special) and I am still waiting for it. The fish was so uncooked it was disgusting.

Anyway, I don't like writing bad reviews but this restaurant deserves to be out of business. I communicated my concerns to both the server and to the manager and got a sign of the hand - "sorry that's what we offer" Do not ruin your day by going to this place

Reviewed September 6, 2016

We were driving through Salinas for the day and stopped in here for a beer and snack. We ended up eating lunch and it was a complete waste of our time and money. I ordered the camarones al ajillo, which came out to one very small shrimp per dollar ($9) and it was not well seasoned; my husband ordered the whole fish lunch special and it was overcooked. He asked for an aioli or garlic type of sauce for the fish and our waiter never returned with it. There are plenty of other options, so keep on walking.

Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

Well overpriced for what you receive. My husband ordered arroz con camarón which was sloppy and tasteless and as for my king prawns in breadcrumbs (camarón reventado) I couldn't even finish them, they tasted earthy and not fresh. Fries were swimming in grease. Steer clear, there are much better places.

Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

This restaurante has a wood boat decor outside and inside with tables overlooking the beach and malecon. The ambiance makes it nice for a date. The food we ordered was very good and my fish dish, corvina a la Genovesa was a nice change from the usual fried fish served at every single restaurant in town. It had creamy white sauce with mozzarella-style cheese melted on top. Fish was perfectly cooked! With usual sides of white rice and fried green plantains (tostones/patacones). It's a bit pricier- $43 dinner and drinks for 2 persons- than most places on the malecon. But we enjoyed it and will return.