“Bad food, worse service”

Restaurant Mar y Tierra
Ranked #60 of 88 Restaurants in Salinas
Cuisines: Ecuadorean
Reviewed September 6, 2016

We were driving through Salinas for the day and stopped in here for a beer and snack. We ended up eating lunch and it was a complete waste of our time and money. I ordered the camarones al ajillo, which came out to one very small shrimp per dollar ($9) and it was not well seasoned; my husband ordered the whole fish lunch special and it was overcooked. He asked for an aioli or garlic type of sauce for the fish and our waiter never returned with it. There are plenty of other options, so keep on walking.

Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

Well overpriced for what you receive. My husband ordered arroz con camarón which was sloppy and tasteless and as for my king prawns in breadcrumbs (camarón reventado) I couldn't even finish them, they tasted earthy and not fresh. Fries were swimming in grease. Steer clear, there are much better places.

Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

This restaurante has a wood boat decor outside and inside with tables overlooking the beach and malecon. The ambiance makes it nice for a date. The food we ordered was very good and my fish dish, corvina a la Genovesa was a nice change from the usual fried fish served at every single restaurant in town. It had creamy white sauce with mozzarella-style cheese melted on top. Fish was perfectly cooked! With usual sides of white rice and fried green plantains (tostones/patacones). It's a bit pricier- $43 dinner and drinks for 2 persons- than most places on the malecon. But we enjoyed it and will return.

Reviewed May 2, 2016

this place is overprice compare to every other restaurant in Salinas. Food was good and service was excellent.

Reviewed March 22, 2016 via mobile

Sangria! I love ! Hear not so much. My urine has more etoh content. After that and the very very expensive food menu I decided to leave. Especially after seeing the reviews. Has wifi. But go elsewhere you wont be dissappointed