“It's a must visit in Salinas even if you just have a burger.”
Review of Score Sports Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Score Sports Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Only Sports Bar located in Salinas, Ecuador! The place to catch your favorite sporting events from around the world! American owned and operated. English and Spanish spoken by staff.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Will & Wendy are excellent host/ess, but they know how to make you feel special. Will told me that he wanted to provide a really good burger & really cold beer & he has done both. But there is more to it than that. He provides a safe place to share your thoughts. He is a book lover and avid reader. Be aware that IF you are the first to order a burger it may take some time. The fire is not instant -- sure he could cook it in the pan or on an electric grill, but IT is not the same --- If you want Carl's or Burger King or McD's GO THERE!

There is something special going on at Score Sports Bar & it's more than just the cooking.

It's the people & yes the dogs too!

Been there twice today had the burger It was great & later so were the potato skins & the salad with the grilled chicken.

I think he said tomorrow is steak night!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Not speaking any Spanish Salinas can be a lonely place, and it was great to have someone to answer my many questions. The food was above average and it was great to have brewed coffee, and not the hot milk with instant that many of the ecuadorian places serve.. The fact they had a pocket book exchange was worth going to in its self.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I came to Will's bar shortly before 5 PM and was told that the place was serving food. Ordered a hamburger and beer, explaining that I was very-very hungry because had not eaten since breakfast. . In 10 minutes or so, there came Will. Could not say that he was excessively friendly, but he brought my beer and asked how I wanted my hamburger cooked. Requested a medium rare one. In another 20 minutes or so there arrived two men (father and son). They clearly were regulars and treated with lots of attention.

After 30 minutes wait or so I asked Will what was going on with my hamburger. Will explained that it takes very long to cook french fries. To make it short, my hamburger was delivered after 1 hour and 8 minutes. It was as well done as they come. The french fries were cold. The regulars were served their hamburgers immediately after me.

My bill included only beer and water, just as Will promised. However, I would much rather pay for good food and good service than wait one hour plus for an overcooked hamburger with cold fires

1  Thank movingtoEcuador
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is a good "gringo" hangout for the expats. It is owned by an American fella from the south. It has tv's all around for watching sports. The night we were there they were watching the Ecuador national soccer team. They have some really good burgers and a nice layout for just hanging out. Would definitely recommend if in the area

Reviewed August 13, 2012

After being away 9 months we popped back in to Score and felt like we were seeing old friends. A great group of other guests made for interesting conversations and a jovial atmosphere. It was great to meet Tom, Gail, Max and Linda all here on their travels throughout Ecuador. Will's ribs were phenominal on Sunday night and Wendy's Caesar Salad was amazing. I am very picky when it comes to Caesar dressing and Wendy's was homemade and right on time with the perfect combination of citrus, anchovies and creaminess along with wonderfully crunchy croutons and perfectly prepared shrimp! Will and Wendy also offer great clean rooms at a very fair price. Christmas and Cassie, the fabulous dogs will saunter over to say Hello but if you don;t wish to give them extra attention they curl back up in one of their favorite places. I read a few reviews about a lack of hospitality here and it makes me wonder how congenial a guest these people were as over the course of many days I have seen Wendy and Will adjust based on the mood of the guest. If you are seeking conversation they happily engage and if you wish to sit quietly and read, log in to wi-fi or just relax they will allow you your piece. My hope is that noone discounts this as a viable place to stop by for great food, cold drinks and a fun atmosphere based on a few opinions. Ya' Know at $2.00 a beer, free wi-fi you have nothing to lose and we are staying here on this trip so we will be happy to let you know if we are not pleased with our accomodations. I do not foresee that occuring!