“cheap room nice people good service”
Review of Hotel Francisco II

Hotel Francisco II
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Salinas
Florida, New York
“cheap room nice people good service”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

you get what you pay for, cheap hotel people are very friendly no one speaks English, beds are very bad and rooms very small, if you plan on spending much time in your room don't stay here if you are looking for a bed and a shower cheap this will work.. location is right on beach

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pete S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed at Francisco III for two nights for $80. This hotel is well situated on the Malecon but like everything else on the Malecon, it is noisy so bring earplugs. Our room was small but clean. During our stay, we witnessed an incident that left us smiling at the differences with North American standards. Our room was on the third floor an from the mezzanine hallway, we noticed that a room on the first floor had caught fire. We kind of thought we would be evacuated but no. No alarm, no firefighters, nothing but maintenance staff with a couple of pails of water...(see picture). They put the fire out, relocated the guest and aired the room and that was that. All in all, our stay was OK and the staff was nice enought

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SylvanoT
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Because we needed to change our plans, we arrived in Salinas without a reservation. We stopped at Francisco III and asked about room rates. We were told $45 per night. Well, this is off peak season and I felt it was a gringo price so I walked away. At the street, the owner's grandson who was running the property, came out and offered the same room for $35. I felt it was still too high, should have been $25 or less but we were tired and just wanted to crash. The room is small but clean, hot water showers, fairly quiet and everything seems to work. It seems safe and is right on the Malecon.

Room Tip: During the off season, especially during the week (not weekends) it is whatever room you want.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chaliceman
Quito
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I travelled for a competition in Salinas and I needed a hotel close to where the competition was being held so I wouldn't have to travel much. The staff was very helpful and friendly, they even accepted my multiple changes of reservation because my family couldn't decide whether to come with me or not.

The hotel is right in the middle of the Salinas Malecon, which is a good thing if you want to party and stay up all night, but a pretty bad idea if you need to rest. The night we stayed there, it rained all night and since we were on the first floor, we could hear the noise from the roof cover right next to our room.

The room was clean and it had cable TV and a small fridge. We didn't have hot water, but we didn't really care because the weather was hot. The only thing that did bother me was that we left the hotel at 6am to go to my competition and returned around 11am and the room had not been cleaned yet.

The parking lot is about a block away from the hotel and it didn't look safe enough to leave my bike there, so I took my bike with me and left it in the room. The hotel manager told me I could leave my bike outside my room in the lobby, but since I had a competition the next day, I really wasn't willing to take any risks.

We decided not to stay another night because it was raining and there was going to be a fashion show right in front of the hotel that night and I really needed to rest.

Room Tip: Don't take a room on the first floor, it's pretty noisy, specially if it rains. This hotel i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed one night in Francisco III is a clean and comfortable hotel. The first recepcionist was friendly and respectful the next morning there was a gay guy that was so disrecpectful with attitude. When we talked to him, he wouldn,t even face us. The location is in great location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sunshine1018
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My husband, my father in law, and I stayed here in August. For 3 people the room was plenty large, and even had a small fridge. The location of Francisco III is great...right in the middle of everything. (although Francisco II isn't bad either!!). The room was very clean and the staff very nice. One guy there spoke very good English, but the rest were limited, so brush up on your Spanish. We paid cash and got a discount off the quoted price. All in all, I would recommend this as an excellent place to stay.

Room Tip: We were right by the pool which was loud during the day, but not an issue at night.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank cindi83
Lexington, Ky
Reviewed June 3, 2009

My friend and I stayed here for three days then I came back for an additional couple nights.

Many days you will meet the owner of these hostels sitting in the lobby keeping an I on things. He runs a tight ship and it shows in the clean comfortable rooms!

I highly recommend Francisco II for everyone. Note: If visiting during the low months (May - Oct) don't accept first price quoted. Expect to pay $20 - $25 per person.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends