“Gastronomic Delight!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Santa Cruz, California
“Gastronomic Delight!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Upon a friend's suggestion, Chef Omar created for us a 7-course tasting menu, "Menu Degustacion," consisting of a variety of locally-sourced seafood, special regional sauces and plate presentations you wouldn't want to disturb! We paired it with a Malbec reserve which complemented the rich sauces in every dish. The staff was very attentive and the ambience completed our experience as one of the best meals on our Ecuador trip. Chef Omar was generous to share with me various chiles from his garden, many of which I am still enjoying in my own dishes! Que rico!

• Visited February 2014

“Fantastic Restuarant”
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Just visited Manta and was recommended the Martinica by both TA and a local. It didn't disappoint. Really good quality food presented in a modern but not minimalist style. My family all had seafood (we have spent lots of time on the costa and eaten in a wide variety of seafood places) though this was the best, great sauces and flavours, plenty of prawns, calamari, pulpo. A ice environment, with attentive staff. Of course you can eat cheaper elsewhere, though we paid $100 for four people with starters and two deserts, we didn't drink a lot. I thought this was good value, similar quality food in London would cost $70 each.

Highly recommend.

Visited January 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
“Great restaurant! Great food!”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Also should we add great service. We really enjoyed it. For the rare time while travelling in Ecuador for the entire month, I can finally say I felt I was eating like back home

• Visited January 2014
Calgary Alberta
“Very impressed and delicious!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Our group of four had a late lunch at Martinica. All of us where very delighted with our selections and we had fun sharing samples and taste experiences. The service is excellent and all staff are pleasant and attentive. Among us, we had the individual pizza,teriyaki spring rolls, mixed sashimi, chicken wings, spicy shrimp and the martinica salad with pollo. A pleasant surprise was the 1/2 pitcher of sangria that we shared. It was so good that I asked the waiter for the recipe! The menu selection and prices are great. We will be back next week to sample more of the menu.
PS the bathrooms were immaculate

• Visited January 2014
Savannah, Georgia
“excellent food, wonderful ambience”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

very enjoyable, I had snook which I have not had in years and it was delicious. The service was good and the atmosphere was very pleasant. It was very inexpensive for the quality. Do not order wine, it is very expensive which seems to be true in general in Ecuador.

Visited November 2013