All reviews enjoyed my stay place to stay every morning the owner maria balconies pool luggage hammocks puerto tours galapagos taxi
Reviewed August 21, 2017

When I arrived, both rooftop room and attic room were available. Liked them both but picked the attic room. Had to go up the spiral staircase with my luggage but the room was just beautiful: secluded and very "Flowers in the Attic".

The kitchen is fully-stocked, and there are a lot of sitting spaces. There is a pool and a bar but it looks like they only open the bar in high season.

I stayed 2 nights taking 3 showers but never had hot water. I didn't know the hot water was not running the first night so I told María José the next day, and she called a technician. He just never came and I had to take a shower with cold water.

I also had a problem with the toiler paper holder; it kept tearing one sheet. I tried "under" and "over" position but it didn't work. Eventually, I took the toilet paper out, and put it on top of the toilet tank.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay here, and I would probably stay here again if I come back to Puerto Ayora.

<Pros>
1. Location: one block from the main drag
2. Shampoo and bath gel dispensers in the shower
3. Great breakfast with croissant and real butter (as opposed to margarine)
4. Big shower stall
5. Rooftop terrace with a view
6. Spacious living room

<Cons>
1. Single-ply toilet paper
2. No hot water (in the attic)
3. Trash cans in the kitchen (no foot pedals)
4. Towels laid out on bed (as opposed to being hung on a hanger)

Room Tip: Run the hot water in the shower and make sure you have it.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed July 11, 2017

Where shall I begin... We had an amazing time at Galapagos House.
The owner was not there, but his son: Jamie was amazing.
He was so helpfull with EVERYTHING, went kayaking with us, informed us about tours..
The House is great, big, white and light :) Superclean!
Good internet although it is still an island and pictures do not upload if you are not patient :D
The Pool was superclean, we never used it since we didn't have time.
When we were 'home' we sat on the rooftopterrace and enjoyed the view.
Maria who makes breakfast is adorable.

We saw a few places before we found this treasure. We highly recommend it!

Room Tip: There is a beautifull and romantic room with an amazing terrace!
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 21, 2017

We spent six wonderful days in the Galapagos, five of which were at Galapagos House. We had a great experience. We also engaged the owner, Jaime, as our guide.

The hotel is very clean and comfortable. Each has an individual bathroom and a safe. For a view of the pool and the harbor, I advise that you book room number 1, if it is available.

Breakfast is included and is delicious: fresh bread, eggs, fruit, fresh-squeezed juice and coffee/tea. One morning we also had a really good cake from Jaime's son's bakery down the street (Con Sal y Dulce). Breakfast is made by Maria, a very sweet women who also cleans the rooms and will clean clothes for you (there is no set price but we tipped).

What makes the hotel special is the guest is invited to feel that they are staying at the house of a good friend. You can use the kitchen like it is your house, there are very comfortable hammocks and a nice little pool with a fridge where you can keep your own drinks. Another Maria, who runs the hotel, is very welcoming and kind. For instance, when we first came in hot from our trip she offered cold towels and she invited us to a barbeque she was hosting for father's day while we were here.

The owner, Jaime, is also an exceptional guide. He also has excellent English. We were able to cut out the middle man of a travel agency and organize our whole trip with him ahead of time, at significant savings. The cheapest option is to show up in Puerto Ayora and negotiate each trip individually but we highly recommend coming with the itinerary so you can actually enjoy your vacation. Jaime has seemingly endless knowledge and energy and we had a great experience on all our trips (North Seymour, San Cristobal, Isabela, Bartolome, Tortuga Bay, Las Grietas, etc.). He was also extremely flexible; changing our plans with very little notice when we decided we wanted to spend more time somewhere or skip something in favor of rest time. This is our first time in Galapagos so we can't compare him to other guides we have personally had, but he seemed better than others we observed on our trips.
We look forward to our next trip in these beautiful islands!

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank red2139
Reviewed June 19, 2017

Galapagos House is well located with ocean breezes coming through the windows and a peaceful atmosphere. The owner is an artist at heart, which is reflected in the unique details. The main floor has a kitchen, living and dining room, as well as balconies which provide an "at home" atmosphere. You want to linger and relax rather than running around town shopping t-shirts.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2017

We spent four nights at this place and it was amazing! Stuff is very friendly and attentive to the guests needs. While we were away to San Cristobal island for a night, they agreed to keep our luggage without any additional cost. Room was very clean and had a breathtaking view of the bay. Terrace has four chairs and a dining table, hammock and two lounge chairs, there are plenty of space to relax. Even if you will not be so lucky to get the room with terrace, there are a plenty of sitting space on the second floor, including very comfortable couches, hammock chairs and hammocks, with a wonderful view of the bay. We never used the pool, which property offers, due to snorkeling every day of our trip, however, I saw the owner every morning to clean it and water seemed clean all the time, even after the rain, didn't smell any chlorine coming from the pool, not sure if it has it or not. Breakfast seems to be the same all over the islands: eggs, juice, butter, jam, roll, fruit salad. On the arrival they give you fresh bottled water, which could be refilled any time at the kitchen on the second floor. There is an alcohol selection in the dining room and I believe you can get a drink for additional price. Coffee and tea always available. They do not offer an airport transportation, however on the way back an owner booked a taxi for us for $25, which was very convenient.

Room Tip: Come see it first and make sure you love it!
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family