Comfortable accommodations in several buildings around the open air lobby and restaurant area. Large deck overlooking a harbour where the marine iguanas and sea lions loll much of the day. Sometimes the sea lions climb aboard a boat moored just offshore as they relax, and sometimes they are actively frolicking in the water nearby. Other fauna can also been seen easily--loved the Sally lightfoot crabs.
Rooms were comfortable with necessary amenities. AC if needed worked well although we preferred to open the window for fresh air.
Staff was accommodating. Meals were plentiful and tasty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Red Mangrove is an oceanfront hotel with the best views of Academy Bay, located in Puerto Ayora. The hotel is the perfect place for Galapagos visitors to stay considering many activities like snorkeling, hiking, beaches, swimming, kayaking, and visiting the Charles Darwin Center are just minutes away. Why else is the Red Mangrove a good decision? For those who are prone to seasickness the hotel gives you a stay where you feel just like you're on the water with the option to choose different packages with the activities mentioned. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Mangrove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Mangrove Aventura Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Hotel Red Mangrove Aventura
- Red Mangrove Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz