I just returned from a week in the Galapagos with two girlfriends. We booked through ROW Adventures in the US (the "Darwins Footprints" tour) and stayed at the Red Mangrove Aventura Lodge on Santa Cruz and the Isabela Lodge on Isabela Island (see my other review). These are not five-star, Ritz Carlton-like accommodations. But, what the lodges lack in luxury, they more than deliver in quaint-ness, accessbility to the islands, and above all, service. We stayed in a "triple room" at each lodge, both of which were very spacious and comfortable. At the Aventura Lodge, we loved the meals each day, especially breakfast, and enjoyed the daquiris and other drinks on the deck at happy hour, just sitting outside watching the sea lions and iguanas and the boats come and go into Puerto Ayora. What a fun location! We, especially, had SO MUCH FUN on our various tours and activities and loved getting to know each of our tour guides individually. I highly, highly recommend the Red Mangrove accommodations for any trip to the Galapagos!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Red Mangrove is an oceanfront hotel with the best views of Academy Bay, located in Puerto Ayora. The hotel is the perfect place for Galapagos visitors to stay considering many activities like snorkeling, hiking, beaches, swimming, kayaking, and visiting the Charles Darwin Center are just minutes away. Why else is the Red Mangrove a good decision? For those who are prone to seasickness the hotel gives you a stay where you feel just like you're on the water with the option to choose different packages with the activities mentioned. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Mangrove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Mangrove Aventura Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Hotel Red Mangrove Aventura
- Red Mangrove Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz