My girlfriend and I decided to visit Ecuador, but only had two weeks. We wanted to visit a few other places as well, but we had to see the Galapagos. We decided we had 5 days - so at the last minute we found the Red Mangrove Aventura Lodge. We decided to do one of the Darwins Triangles trips, for 5 days.
It was an amazing idea. First of all, the main Aventura lodge is fantastic. Great rooms, great people, great location, and great food. We at lunch on the deck by the ocean every morning accompanied by sea lions, iguanas & finches.
The trip involved staying at Aventura locations on two other islands, which were equally awesome, but extremely unique. We experienced exiting things, lots of animals, turtles, and activities on each of the islands.
I would highly recommend both the lodge and the trip. Especially if you only have 5-8 days, and/or don't want to sleep on a ship.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Red Mangrove is an oceanfront hotel with the best views of Academy Bay, located in Puerto Ayora. The hotel is the perfect place for Galapagos visitors to stay considering many activities like snorkeling, hiking, beaches, swimming, kayaking, and visiting the Charles Darwin Center are just minutes away. Why else is the Red Mangrove a good decision? For those who are prone to seasickness the hotel gives you a stay where you feel just like you're on the water with the option to choose different packages with the activities mentioned. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Mangrove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Mangrove Aventura Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Hotel Red Mangrove Aventura
- Red Mangrove Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz