Just returned from a 6-day trip to Galapagos where I stayed with the Red Mangrove on both Santa Cruz (3 nights) and Isabela (2 nights). Overall I was extremely pleased with the hotel and I highly recommend it.
Its key strengths (for both SC and Isabela) are:
1. Service is excellent: very polite and helpful staff, always there to help
2. The hotel and rooms are very clean and well maintained
3. The setting is beautiful and quiet (the Isabela location is particularly amazing, right on the beach), yet the center of town is 5 min away
On the tour / "adventure" front, in Santa Cruz I recommend not to depend exclusively on the hotel but also to book daily tours to nearby islands (e.g. North Seymour) through other operators - the hotel can direct you to the best operators - and to do things on your own (e.g. Tortuga Bay).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Red Mangrove is an oceanfront hotel with the best views of Academy Bay, located in Puerto Ayora. The hotel is the perfect place for Galapagos visitors to stay considering many activities like snorkeling, hiking, beaches, swimming, kayaking, and visiting the Charles Darwin Center are just minutes away. Why else is the Red Mangrove a good decision? For those who are prone to seasickness the hotel gives you a stay where you feel just like you're on the water with the option to choose different packages with the activities mentioned. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Mangrove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Mangrove Aventura Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Hotel Red Mangrove Aventura
- Red Mangrove Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz