We took the "Full Adventure in the Galapagos" - three islands in 7 nights - package with Red Mangrove and cannot give enough praise to the team which planned the itinerary and eased our passage throughout.
We chose to visit the islands for the flora and fauna and were not disappointed in the least with the variety of experiences planned for us. Accommodations and food on the three different islands could have been ordinary and it would not have mattered. On the contrary they were most certainly not ordinary (although if you are looking for luxury resort spa vacationing, you probably should not be planning a trip to the Galapagos in any event), but more than met our expectations. The accommodations (3 different locations in total) throughout the tour were of different styles (from more rustic at the beginning to higher luxury at the end) and we can honestly say that all were charming and impeccable. Also, we would be remiss not to mention the very good quality and diversity of meals.
The Red Mangrove staff were invariably friendly and helpful and our Parque Nacional naturalists extremely competent and genuinely interesting people to be with.
We are a couple which until this trip had avoided guided tours like the plague, preferring to plan our own itinerary. This experience was almost enough to make us change our minds for the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Red Mangrove is an oceanfront hotel with the best views of Academy Bay, located in Puerto Ayora. The hotel is the perfect place for Galapagos visitors to stay considering many activities like snorkeling, hiking, beaches, swimming, kayaking, and visiting the Charles Darwin Center are just minutes away. Why else is the Red Mangrove a good decision? For those who are prone to seasickness the hotel gives you a stay where you feel just like you're on the water with the option to choose different packages with the activities mentioned. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Mangrove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Mangrove Aventura Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Hotel Red Mangrove Aventura
- Red Mangrove Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz