The hotel is beautiful and simple. I learned how excessive our lives are by staying here. At first I thought what are we going to do without a TV, but then quickly realized that we were so busy that we didn't need a TV. By the time we got back to the hotel in the evenings we were ready for bed. I am a night owl and I really don't think I went to bed any later than 8:30 any of the nights we were there. I was dead tired in a good way. My son and I laughed when we got our first meal because we are use to Texas size portions and the portions here appear small. Well again we were wrong the portions were actually perfect. I never went to bed hungry and have even cut back drastically after returning home. Walking along the beach of the hotel you will see sea lions as well as other animals that you will recognize after the excursions. The staff was helpful and kind. They even start to know your name after the first day. They are more than happy to help you with anything you need. We left for excursions each day and got a great view of many of the different Islands in the Galapagos. Soto was our tour guide and did a great job of making sure we saw as many animals as possible. He would always point out things for us to take pictures of and explain the different animals and plant life that we were viewing. Soto picked us up from the airport and returned us to the airport making sure that everything went smoothly.(The airport is quite a distance from the hotel, but it is worth it and nice to have someone help get you through the logistics.) Everyone on the yacht that we took for our excursions did a great job of taking care of us and we always had a wonderful lunch on board. We had a small group of 12 people and have made life long friends as a result. We stayed in a garden view room and we were very satisfied with the room. I don't think we would have had time to enjoy an ocean view room because we really were that busy. My son chose this vacation as his 8th grade graduation present and I admit I was a little hesitant because I really am not an outdoorsy or nature person, but I honestly enjoyed this vacation so much and would love to return one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning hotel enjoys a peaceful and magical beachfront location in Puerto Ayora, on Santa Cruz Island. The 21 Garden View-room and 6 Ocean View suite hotel makes the ideal base for exploring the natural diversity and attractions of the island – including Tortuga Bay beach – and for taking day-trips to nearby islands, aboard its own, specialized yachts. The hotel also implements best practices in sustainable tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Finch Bay Galapagos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Finch Bay Eco
- Finch Bay Eco Puerto Ayora
- Finch Bay Galapagos Hotel Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz