My review is a little late. I stayed here Dec 10-19 of 2011. Turned out this was the PERFECT time to visit because it was soon after Thanksgiving, yet a little before the Christmas and New Years rush. The Hotel was maybe 50% full. Half the time the daily cruises had 3 guests on board. There were more workers than tourists!
The meals were excellent, like works of art.
The rooms and grounds are pristine. Clean, modern and quiet. They have their own water filtration system so there is no need to worry about the water quality.
Their naturalist and guides are excellent. Extremely knowledgeable and friendly. The tours are amazing. The Snorkeling is amazing.
What isn't amazing about this place? Nothing!
The only bad thing I can think of is by the end of my trip i was absolutely craving beef! I had to make a special trip into town to grab a hamburger at a bar. Which, by the way, was more like chopped steak formed into a patty. YUM!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning hotel enjoys a peaceful and magical beachfront location in Puerto Ayora, on Santa Cruz Island. The 21 Garden View-rooms and 6 Ocean View suites hotel makes the ideal base for exploring the natural diversity and attractions of the island – including Tortuga Bay beach – and for taking day-trips to nearby islands, aboard its own, specialized yacht. The hotel also implements best practices in sustainable tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Finch Bay Galapagos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Finch Bay Eco
- Finch Bay Eco Puerto Ayora
- Finch Bay Galapagos Hotel Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz