There's not a lot of bad things that can be said about this place; but I will nit pick on a couple of things.
First the good.
The location is fantastic, it's out of the way, you do feel like you're in your own little secluded paradise. This does mean that if you are going out in the evening you need to get the boat to taxi you into to town and back. This can be an inconvenience, but if you're on a relaxing holiday and trying to get away from it all, it does add come more character to your stay.
The breakfast is extensive with hot and cold food; however as the name of the resort suggests, expect to have some feathered friends join you for breakfast. Some might find that a little off putting.
I know this shouldn't be an issue, but the lack of TV in the room and wifi does mean that you are very much out in the wilderness. Which is fine if you don't need to get back in touch with humanity, but if you have any business needs that require you to have contact, you're out of luck!
The ability to be able to take out things like the Sea Kayak was very good. We went for a paddle round the bay and saw some excellent sites. Sharks, sea lions, penguins...very cool.
All in all, it's a very nice secluded hotel, but if you're looking for something fairly sociable, then this probably isn't the one for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning hotel enjoys a peaceful and magical beachfront location in Puerto Ayora, on Santa Cruz Island. The 21 Garden View-rooms and 6 Ocean View suites hotel makes the ideal base for exploring the natural diversity and attractions of the island – including Tortuga Bay beach – and for taking day-trips to nearby islands, aboard its own, specialized yacht. The hotel also implements best practices in sustainable tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Finch Bay Galapagos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Finch Bay Eco
- Finch Bay Eco Puerto Ayora
- Finch Bay Galapagos Hotel Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz