“Could not imagine a better dive facility/instructor”

Galapagos Tip Top Dive & Training
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Specializing in providing dive training in all levels. Galapagos' Top Dive Training offers private and semi-private PADI courses for people wishing to learn scuba diving while on vacation in the Galapagos Islands. Courses range from Open Water, the basic level of training up to Instructor including Trimix and Rebreathers. We offer all gases and full rebreather and technical diving support.
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I can't say enough about the hospitality I received at Galapagos Cottages and Tip Top dive. Even prior to my arrival Jorge eased my mind about traveling solo in the Galapagos and at the same time obtaining my PADI open water certification. Jorge helped arrange transportation with Pancho which went flawlessly even with a bit of a language barrier between Pancho and I. When I arrived to Galapagos Cottages Charles was there to great me and showed me to an immaculately maintained two story "cottage". It was a large cottage with great water pressure, a large king bed, sofa, kitchen and terrace with my own hammock. Later in the day I was able to meet Jorge after several weeks corresponding via email. He gave suggestions on where to eat, what to do etc. He is genuinely concerned about the students at Tip Top Dive and made me extremely comfortable through out the course. I am not sure if I would have been able to complete the course during the trip if it wasn't for the time and dedication Jorge put in to helping me achieve a life long dream.
I think the location of the cottages is ideal. Just down the hill from the entrance to Tortuga Bay and a quick, easy, safe walk to town where restaurants and shopping abound. Walking distance to boats for day trips and the Darwin Research Center. If I am ever lucky enough to return to the Galapagos I will be staying at Galapagos Cottages. All the best to Jorge and his wonderful family!

jamahauad, Owner at Galapagos Tip Top Dive & Training, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Thank you Andrew. We had fun working with you. Teaching Scuba diving has a lot to do with creating genuine human relationships between student and instructor. I think we did this to a very high extent with you. It was a pleasure working together.
My best regards,
Jorge

There are newer reviews for Galapagos Tip Top Dive & Training

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Here's a pair who clearly go above and beyond to make sure you have a great experience on the island! Thanks to Jorge and Jessica for your warm welcome, great advice and of course dive teaching
Jessica gave us great advice before our trip of things to do on the island and was upfront based on our diving experience about how to get the most out of our time here.
I also took my advanced open water with Jorge and was lucky enough to be the only student so full attention (vvip)! It was great to learn some new skills from him and I'd also highly recommend him for beginner students who want a proper grounding in best practice diving. Jorge's clearly highly skilled at what he does - i suspect he knows more about diving than most of us can even imagine! - But he's also meticulous and explains things clearly.
Jessica and Jorge are obviously passionate about diving and the Galapagos generally, they're attentive and keen to give their customers the best experience and continue improving their business.
Thanks and hope to see you guys again sometime! (and don't worry Saylor, we've already forgotten you told us mummy's age! ;-))

Jessica P, Owner at Galapagos Tip Top Dive & Training, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you had a great time. We really appreciate it when we get valuable feedback from our customers. Jorge and I are very passionate about diving and you figured out he is a walking textbook of knowledge! He is constantly expanding his knowledge base and teaches with the same expertise and enthusiasm across all levels of Recreational and Technical diving. I find him inspiring everyday!

We are thrilled you enjoyed our VIP service, as that is one of the hallmarks of the services we are providing. We believe that you can create a passionate, lifelong diver if you spend the right amount of personalized care, training and enthusiasm to help them overcome any obstacles. Our private dive center, pool, dock and boat enable us to keep things "training-safe" and extremely personalized. We are constantly looking for ways to make them even better!

Hope to see you again soon when you are ready for your Rescue Course!

Warm Regards,
Jessica

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Among the dive shops on Santa Cruz, Tip Top stands out amongst all of them. Their training facility is new and clean, and things were very organized, which made it a pleasurable experience. My instructor, Jorge, was very helpful and a great teacher! He worked with me to make sure I was comfortable underwater, and with his support was able to successfully complete my PADI diving certification. Also, here was only three people on my dive which allowed Jorge to provide private instruction for each one of us as well.

I would definitely recommend to go diving with Tip Top. Definitely will add to your experience in the Galapagos!

1  Thank tychenyt

First, thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. We try to take all of our feedback, positive negative to build a better business in the future. So glad to hear you enjoyed your course with Jorge. We keep all of our classes small and personal in order to maintain a "training-safe" environment. He is an expert at helping people overcome their fears or difficulties to become confident certified divers at all levels. That is why people come back to him later to advance their diving certifications... all the way through Tec and Rebreather!

It was a pleasure working with you and we hope to see you again in the future. I will contact you separately as your partner left his log book here. We will mail it in February when one of us is Stateside.

Warm Regards,
Jessica and Jorge

Reviewed January 6, 2014

With lack of good diving options in North Texas, we decided to dedicate some of our valuable vacation time in the Galapagos towards getting PADI SCUBA open water certified. The instructors of Tip Top Diving, Jorge and his wife Jessica, warmly greeted us at their training facility, and we received private instruction in all of our sessions. We were provided with free wifi, drinking water, and incredibly helpful advice on how to maximize our time in the Galapagos.

Jorge has a great deal of passion for his work and represented the height of professionalism. Once in the pool, my husband started to panic a bit after trying to get used to his regulator, and he was quick to stop to say he couldn’t become a diver. Jorge, with great patience, calmed my husband down and worked at my husband’s pace until he was confident to continue with the course. We had a wonderful time learning to become divers with Jorge. Other outstanding elements to Tip Top: 1. when we needed to contact our bank, Jessica let us use her computer to Skype with them for free 2. when slight changes needed to be made to our diving schedule, Jorge personally helped us set up hotel accommodations and even a private tour of the Tortoise Reserve and Garrapatero Beach 3. Jessica gave recommendations regarding the pharmacy to pick up sea sickness medication 4. when all laundromats appeared to be closed on Sunday, Jorge took us through town to find one open with same-day service. All and all, we received outstanding service and made some life-long friends to boot. Thank you Jorge and Jessica for all of the amazing work you two do!

We can't wait to schedule our next vacation and dive again!

1  Thank FangirlBritta
Jessica P, Owner at Galapagos Tip Top Dive & Training, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you both so much for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed yourselves! We use Trip Advisor to get a good feel on what we are doing right and wrong, so we can improve. It can be a very challenging business environment here so we always appreciate the feedback

We hope that you become lifelong divers. Your husband's enthusiasm despite his fears makes him Jorge's favorite type of student. He loves the challenge and seriously thrives off of personalizing the learning process to help people overcome bad experiences. We had a great time with both of you and hope you come back to see us one day.

Warm regards,
Jessica and Jorge

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Let me start by saying that this was the trip of a lifetime and we could not have been more fortunate to meet Jorge, Jessica, and of course, Saylor while staying at their "Cabins."

The accomodations were beyond what we could have anticipated! Absolutely beautiful! We enjoyed our stay so much we talk about returning ALL THE TIME! The accomodations were spotless, comfortable, and very well equipped. There was everything from cooking supplies, to drinking water, soaps, pop, coffee, sugar, etc. Brilliant for people that may not want to set up for a long time but need those small touches when it comes to being comfortable.

The rooms were LARGE and each of the 3 floors had a bathroom (insane!) The bed was super comfortable, a deck overlooking the courtyard on each floor and a hammock on each deck as well. There was WIFI and TV and some absolutely beautiful wood furniture (I wish I could have fit the dining room table in my suitcase! ha!)

The whole of the property is impeccable! A perfectly manicured courtyard greets you when you arrive. The pool is a nice size for lounging around and there are some lounge chairs to aid in that.

The propterty is located in a nice quiet area a short walk from the downtown waterfront. It is also located right next to the trail to Tortuga Bay which is an amazing day to start the day

I wish we could have stayed longer! However, we then joined Jorge and a bunch of rebreather divers on THE. MOST. AMAZING. TRIP. EVER! I really could not even try to describe the rebrather trip. Whalesharks by the dozen, hammerheads by the thousand, seals, dolphins, and pretty much the best conditions possible... It feels like it was all a dream as it was so unbelievaby surreal.

Even before our arrival Jorge and Jessica were full of information that helped us with decisions and travel logistics. They are on top of responding to emails quickly and efficiently. This really was invaluable. Mark and I cannot thank you enough for one of the best experiences we have ever had!

Maybe 2015?! In a heartbeat!

1  Thank Lara A
Jessica P, Owner at Galapagos Tip Top Dive & Training, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Hi Lara and Mark,

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit our Trip Advisor page. We think the cottages are pretty special too - everyday is a peaceful day at work with an office like this! I am so glad you liked them and we really enjoy getting to know our customers and what they like and don't like to make constant improvements.

The annual rebreather trip is always talked about here long after it is a memory. We already have some bookings for the 2015 trip, just let us know! So glad to know you had the vacation of a lifetime. It was a very special group that we will remember forever!

Cheers,