while we enjoy camping and "roughing it" we were not prepared for some of the downright dirty hotel experiences we encountered. Fortunately we decided to treat ourselves to a nice dinner at Silberstein and ended up rearranging our accomodations to stay here. Enticed by the everchanging colorful tablecloths (we'd walked by Silberstein to go diving), we enjoyed excellent food (what a menu - no reason to eat anywhere else! - - great wine, steak and the best potato soup, to name a few) and enjoyed the company of our hosts Jan and Kat. THANK GOODNESS we found Silberstein - we have some good memories for our honeymoon because of them! Rooms are clean and comfortable, with a beautiful garden/pool area to just go sit. Thank you for your courtesy and finding room for us! We cannot tell you how much we couldn't wait to get back to Silberstein after visiting one of the other islands by boat! A little gem in the Galapagos complete with a friendly Scuba staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In 1993 Silberstein family bought the former Residencial Angermeyer, it was known to be the No.1 destination for information about the Islands. It was rebuilt and today it is the Hotel Silberstein, a hotel with all amenities to fulfill the expectations and beyond of our guests from all over the world. Our 22 comfortable rooms are all equipped with individual air condition and have a private bathroom with shower and permanent hot water, heated environmentally friendly by the sun. Our Restaurant offers international food and local specialties prepared by our professional team. For a complete vacation we offer any kind of tours, such as Diving and Daily Tours, as well as airport transfers and in between the different islands. Contact us for more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Silberstein reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galextur Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Hotel Silberstein Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz