We were only visiting one island, and Puerto Ayora seemed the best choice. We felt very fortunate to find a hotel so near the Darwin Research Center. We're no "spring chickens" and knew the Center grounds were going to be enough walking about for our energy level. A taxi, by the way, can only take you as far as the entrance of the park, and from this hotel, that short distance would be a waste of money. We were lucky enough to get a room on an upper level (Room 3), and found it very enjoyable. A large room, nice bathroom, a table and chairs, etc. made for a comfortable setting. Good fan and airconditioning. I'd recommend asking for that partticular accomodation. Didn't use the pool, but it's very clean and inviting. Breakfast was included and served buffet style plus your choice of eggs. Quite nice. We ate at the hotel restaurant for one lunch and one dinner, and both were great. Everyone on staff is very helpful. Because of our sad lack of Spanish, the detailed help a person at the desk could offer depended on their English ability. We had a marvelous time walking to the right , as you leave the hotel, to the center of the town. Further down on the left is where the fishing boats leave ( a detailed prosess) and fishermen return to clean their catch. This results in a drama of people, seagulls, seals, boats, and beauty that you don't want to miss.As you leave the hotel to the left, there is a store where all the items are made from recycled material. Great gifts of all prices to take home. Don't hesitate to stay at the Silberstein. You won't be sorry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In 1993 Silberstein family bought the former Residencial Angermeyer, it was known to be the No.1 destination for information about the Islands. It was rebuilt and today it is the Hotel Silberstein, a hotel with all amenities to fulfill the expectations and beyond of our guests from all over the world. Our 22 comfortable rooms are all equipped with individual air condition and have a private bathroom with shower and permanent hot water, heated environmentally friendly by the sun. Our Restaurant offers international food and local specialties prepared by our professional team. For a complete vacation we offer any kind of tours, such as Diving and Daily Tours, as well as airport transfers and in between the different islands. Contact us for more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Silberstein reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galextur Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Hotel Silberstein Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz