“Truly the best stay for a budget traveler”

Galapagos Best Hostel
Ranked #8 of 57 Puerto Ayora B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 1, 2014

If I owned a hostel I wish I could run it as well as Kevin and his lovely wife. As everyone has mentioned, exceptional rooms, a kitchenette, AC, the place is clean and spotless. There is nothing that is missed. "Please don't use my white towels on the beach, I will give you a beach towel". He emailed me a detailed message about me needing a $100 cash park entrance fee to pay upon entry at Galapagos airport...and to be at least 2 hours early on a connecting flight at the airport to obtain a mandatory entry certificate for $10 and having have to have your luggage x rayed, if you're not allowing time for these you WILL miss your flight because there are long lines. Aloso the town center tour and his tips were exceptional. Outstanding. Made my whole stay on Galapagos so much of a better experience. Thank you.

Reviewed August 31, 2014

I was staying at Galapagos best home stay for few days,
And I would love to say it was a very pleasant stay‼
The owner Kevin is very helpful,he would take you to quick city tour to show you where to go,or where to find internet cafe with better connection ...etc if he isn't busy checking people in.
Without his tip and help my trip in Galapagos would have been a different story.

Another good thing is that he makes sure everything is clean and hygienic.
This is great place to stay,i would definitely come back next time‼

Room Tip: Book in advance,may be?
Reviewed August 27, 2014

This hostel, while not centrally located in Puerto Ayora, is a great spot. It's clean, airy, comes with loads of extras (drinking water, kitchenette, A/C, on site travel guide [Kevin]) all at very reasonable rates. Walking to the center of town or taking a taxi was no problem at any time of the day or night. The owner, an American ex-pat named Kevin, provided invaluable advice and even gave a guided tour of the island when we arrived. My two grandsons and I had a fabulous trip to the Galapagos and our stay at Galapagos Best Home Stay was a big part of that.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

very friendly staff, a free walking-tour through the town with kevin, free drinking-water, clean rooms, warm shower, big kitchen etc. everything was perfect!!! had a awesome vacation on the galapagos islands!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Had a great stay! The room was clean and spacy, and kevin was very accommodating and gave me a tour of the town with several recommendations for food, day trips, and things to do.
Thanks for having me, Kevin. I will visit again in the future
-Ryan

Reviewed August 23, 2014

This place is ideal if you are planning an independent trip and are trying to keep costs down.

The rooms are spacious, pleasant and have lots of added extras eg free purified water, a sink, microwave and hotplates and a fridge. This is great if you want to avoid eating at restaurants the whole time.

Kevin was great and was always really helpful. We did the tour which really helped us to get our bearings. He walks you round town pointing out good restaurants, which banks to use, where to get trips organised etc. It was a great introduction to the island. He was also really helpful in organising a taxi to the highlands and helping us find our way around.

We stayed six nights in total, with a three night gap in the middle to go to Isabela. There is free locker storage if you're going away for a few days.

The wifi is a bit dodgy, but that's true across the island. There is a computer to use on the ground floor although we didn't need it so I don't know how good it is.

The location is OK. It's a bit of a walk from the centre of town, but all the taxis have a fixed rate of $1 so we used them most of the time. We did walk it a couple of times and it took about 15-20 minutes and felt very safe (all of Galapagos feels very safe)

I was really pleased to find somewhere so reasonably priced with private rooms and bathrooms on Galapagos and Kevin really helped make our stay an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Caterpillar2014
Reviewed August 22, 2014

My friend and I had a great experience at Galapagos Best Home Stay. Kevin is more than accomodating and has an encyclopeadic knowledge of the attractions on Santa Cruz. Rooms are spotless, beds are large and comfy and the shower is the best we have had in South America. Thanks for a fantastic stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
#2 of 49 in Puerto Ayora
La Fortaleza de Haro
La Fortaleza de Haro
#4 of 49 in Puerto Ayora

Been to Galapagos Best Hostel? Share your experiences!