My girlfriend and I stayed here for nine nights in January 2013. We stayed in a four-bed dorm for one night and a private double room for eight nights.
- The hostel is very clean. Both our dorm and private rooms were furnished with clean white bedding and soft towels.
- Both rooms were equipped with a useful kitchenette including pots & pans, cutlery and crockery.
- Fresh drinking water and unlimited wifi are included in the room rate.
- The price is very good value for the Galapagos Islands.
- Kevin, the host, was fantastic, with very clear communications before our arrival, a useful tour of the town covering restaurants, supermarkets, ATMs, post office, places of interest, laundry, diving... pretty much everything! He even helped another group of guests to hold a barbecue in the garden of the hostel.
- The hostel is well-located, just a ten-minute walk from the main street in Puerto Ayora.
- I can't think of any. We had a fantastic stay.
Puerto Ayora tips:
- ATMs are temperamental. You can bring cash, or as a last resort queue up in the bank.
- For diving, we had a great experience with Eagle Ray dive shop and their DM, Israel.
- Walk to Tortuga Bay early in the morning to see blue-footed boobies up close.
- Take a taxi to the highlands to see tortugas in a more natural setting than the Charles Darwin centre. Eat lots of delicious cheese empanadas while you are at the ranch.
- We had good food at cheap prices in the following restaurants (budget-concious recommendations in brackets): Il Giardino (crepes), Isla Grill (chicken burger), Fruits de Mer (ceviche), Cafe Hernan (burger), Galapagos Deli (best ice cream)
Like us, you may have found cruises advertised at unaffordable prices on the internet. This is the main reason that we spent our entire stay on land. However, you will find plenty of availability at much cheaper prices if you book when you arrive in Puerto Ayora. On one of our dive trips, we met a girl who paid $1000 for an 8-night first class cruise including all meals and three days of diving. Kevin, the hostel owner, will recommend a trustworthy tour agent when you arrive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ALL OF OUR ROOMS HAVE AIR CONDITIONING AND YOU WILL BE GLAD THAT WE DO! The Galapagos Best Hostel is located in Puerto Ayora on Santa Cruz Island Galapagos. Which is one of the main hubs to explore the Galapagos. We are proud to offer affordable prices unmatched by other hotels in the Galapagos Islands. With all new Modern accommodations that have Kitchenettes You will wake up refreshed and ready to go out and explore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your Galapagos Best Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galapagos Best Hostel Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz