This was the nicest accommodation I had in South America out of ~15 hostels and budget hotels. It meets all my criteria for a very good or excellent hostel - comfortable bed, hot shower, free internet access. It is a fairly new hostel so everything is in good condition. It will probably take you 20 minutes to walk to the jetty or supermarket, 15 minutes to get to the restaurants in town - more or less depending on how quickly you walk - so the location is really good.
These are some of the things that I felt made it an exceptional hostel:
- Excellent instructions on how to get between the airport and the hostel.
- Included orientation tour of the town that shows you key locations and how to get back and forth. You also get a card to help you use the taxi services to get you home or to the centre of town so you will never get lost.
- Towels included and you can have them washed whenever (hotel quality service)
- Good kitchenette, with a fridge, included in each room (4 bed dorm)
- Unlimited drinking water available in each room (almost as good as drinkable tap-water)
- The toilet paper is real toilet paper and good, not your average public restroom kimberly-clark stuff
- Airconditioning - you may not need it, but sometimes you might and it is quiet and effective. New hostel = new system
- A nice view from the top floor
- Lockers with key provided (security is not an issue, but extra peace of mind doesn't hurt)
OK, the one downside is that the internet is pretty slow which is mainly due to the fact that you're the galapagos islands and shouldn't be on facebook anyway.
When I stayed here, the name of the place is what I got. I was in the Galapagos, it was the Best accommodation I experienced on this trip, it was also a family Home and I Stayed there. I highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ALL OF OUR ROOMS HAVE AIR CONDITIONING AND YOU WILL BE GLAD THAT WE DO! The Galapagos Best Hostel is located in Puerto Ayora on Santa Cruz Island Galapagos. Which is one of the main hubs to explore the Galapagos. We are proud to offer affordable prices unmatched by other hotels in the Galapagos Islands. With all new Modern accommodations that have Kitchenettes You will wake up refreshed and ready to go out and explore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Galapagos Best Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galapagos Best Hostel Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz