“Wonderful trip with Scuba Iguana”
Review of Scuba Iguana

Scuba Iguana
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We did 2 days of diving with Scuba Iguana and had a great time. The dive masters were friendly, professional, and extremely helpful getting gear ready and helping divers in and out of the water. They were very familuar with the dive sites and knew where to look for the wild life that we were interested in seeing. Above the water the boats were clean, comfortable, and fast. During the surface interval we had great lunches and snacks, and we even spent about 30 minutes one day chasing and playing with a school of about 50 dolphin and 20 - 30 sea lions. Scuba Iguana did an amazing job and I recommend them highly.

1  Thank William L
Jack N, Owner at Scuba Iguana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you William. Wish I could have been with you to see the dolphins.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"great dive"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We did a 2 day dive trip with the Scuba Iguana team. The ran the trips like clockwork and I was so impressed with their calming nature and control of the dives.

You board the boat at the north of Santa Cruz where you get the boat after you land at the airport.

Day 1
Mosquera - took an hour to get there. Easy dive. 18.9m 15 meter visibility. A drift dive that takes you along a reef. Ok amounts of fish and we saw 4 to 5 black tip reef sharks.

Gordon’s Rock - took an hour from Mosquera. This is the most advanced dive because of the strength of the current. We went down the side of the rock and had to hold on at 25m as the current was so strong however what you see is amazing. Giant sea turtles, hammerhead sharks, white tip reef sharks, so many little fish. Max depth was 30m with a 10-15m visibility. It was absolutely amazing and on my ascent I floated through 15 white tip sharks around 2-3 meters long. This dive is unforgiving if you haven’t had experience of very strong currents. You need a minimum of 10 to 20 dives before they’ll take you.

Day 2
Seymour Channel - 28m / 15k vis. This was a great dive with Eagle Rays dancing for 10 minutes and lots of sleeping white tip sharks (15 to 20).

Daphne Minor - this was a very special dive. Make sure to take a torch. There is a cave where you sometimes find sleeping white tip sharks, luckily for us there weren’t so we went inside to then have 2 huge sea lions come in with us - dodging around us for a few minutes. Outside there were more sleeping white tips and giant turtles. The currents weren’t too strong and there were so many fish to see. This was a great dive. 19.1m / 15m vis

We had 5 divers to 2 instructors. On every dive we had the experience we needed in Claudia and David. Even on some of the more difficult dives they kept in control, with regular communication and plenty of smiles to keep you calm when you see your first shark.

We had lunch in a secluded cove which was fish and rice and they also offered a vegan option for one of us.

I can see why the Scuba Iguana team are rated the best dive team in the Galapagos. Thank you Claudia and David - I will never forget those dives!

1  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Scuba Iguana sets the standard for how a dive company should work, at least in my yet limited experience. My husband and I dove 4 times over 2 days with these great people. The rental gear is top notch; the steps taken to evaluate diver experience and ensure safety are very reassuring; the knowledge and know-how to manage dives so everyone has a good experience is evident at all times; they are of course extremely capable in understanding the waters and ocean life of the Galápagos; and most of all they are a ton of fun and make sure that everyone has fun! Lots of laughs and lots of thrills - what more can you ask for?

1  Thank food-sun-shop
Jack N, Owner at Scuba Iguana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for your comments.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent Dive team, really motivated, very safety conscious, gear all top quality and in good condition, day ran very smoothly, diving at Seymour North was very clear in morning, outs of hammerhead sharks, white and black tips, eagle rays reef fish etc, 2nd dive at PTA Carrion was 10m visibility, Divemaster was kept busy with currents and spotting seahorses, Galapagos sharks, Guinea fowl Puffers , groupers and snappers.
I would highly reccomend this team of professionals

1  Thank bdunnage
Jack N, Owner at Scuba Iguana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for your comments, bdunnage.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I did four dives with this company and they were incredible every step of the way! I arrived on Galapagos with a foot injury and couldn't dive as soon as I had planned with them. Emily was so accommodating; she changed my last-minute dates at no extra charge and quickly rode home to get me a bandage and cream! The dive masters and skippers are very capable,experienced, capable and have great ocean/marine life knowledge. They take safety very seriously and consistently check that every diver feels confident and comfortable. They're also hilarious and make sure you have the adventure of a lifetime. Dive with them! Thank youuuu!

Jack N, Owner at Scuba Iguana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago