“Awesome Diving and great Guides”
Review of Scuba Iguana

Scuba Iguana
Ranked #5 of 40 Tours in Puerto Ayora
Reviewed January 25, 2016

I don't know what other dive centers would have been like, but Scuba iguana was very professional. The dives were well organized, the boats were nice and we saw some amazing wild life. I run out of air on almost every dive so they were kind enough to upgrade me to a larger tank. That was great since it allowed me to finish the dives with everyone else. Must see Gordon Rocks. Bigger Currents, bigger fish. We saw hundred's of hammer heads, a mola fish and all different types of sharks. It was the best dive experience I've had so far. I highly recommend this company.

Date of experience: December 2015
"professional operation"
"strong currents"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed December 15, 2015

My wife and I along with one of our friends had the opportunity to partake in two dives with Scuba Iguana at the Beagle and Daphne dive sites. Sadly we didn't have time to do more! I found all of the guides to be extremely helpful and friendly. Our main guide Quike saved my wife's first dive after she panicked near the surface, and made her feel safe on that and her subsequent dive. I felt that the dives were conducted in a safe manner overall, and that we were constantly checked on by Quike to ensure that we had adequate air remaining and that we were doing alright overall. If I had any complaints, it would be that the DVD of videos and pictures of the dives that I purchased didn't work when I had a chance to finally look it over at home. Overall, I highly recommend Scuba Iguana if you're looking to dive in the Galapagos, and I wouldn't hesitate to dive with them again.

Date of experience: November 2015
1  Thank Okinawa6
Reviewed November 17, 2015

I came alone to Galapagos for 6 days and book a 5 days diving trip with Iguana due to reviews I've read. First day we were four divers with one dive master, rest of the days 8 to ten with two dive masters. The boat is confortable for 10 people, they have their own dock in Ayora and the days the dive site is up north, they leave the boat in Baltra and take you by car to save you 60 to 90 minutes trip. Saw white tip sharks in every dive, school of hammerheads, big turtles, Mola Mola, Manta, sea horses. In 6 days i've seen more marine life than in my previous 66 dives. Dive master Quike has it all (more than 4000 dives in this sites, knows every spot, funny, confident, always attentive to your needs) One day a new diver who lied about certification and logged dives, couldn't maintain buoyancy and consumed his 3000 psi in 30' would have been the end of a normal dive, but Quike hold him next to him and share his extra regulator (he always carries an extra long one) so that he doesn't ruined others people dives. And the next day we wasn't allowed to go down. Good snacks ( hot herbal tea and a lot of fruits) and good meal (always a protein, vegetables and rice). Their pri

Date of experience: November 2015
1  Thank martincho g
Reviewed October 30, 2015 via mobile

We had a great dive. It felt professional and safety concerned.
I forgot my jumper on the boat and they went the extra mile to send it to me to san cristobal. So really trustworthy.
A great experience.

Date of experience: October 2015
See more reviews
Reviewed October 19, 2015

We booked my diving with them through Galapagos Alternative. I was aware that their dive shop was good (through reviews and their website), but I was not prepared for how amazing they truly were. The masters were amazing, if it wasn't for them, I would not have seen anything. Over 50 hammerheads on my Mosquera dive! The other three dives, North Seymour, Beagle Rocks, and Daphne Minor, were also very, very good. Honestly, I have no problems with them. At all. They're definitely worth the price.

Date of experience: June 2015