“Pretty, but I could've gone without”
Review of Las Grietas

Half-Day Santa Cruz Island Tour Galapagos Islands
Quito, Pichincha, Ecuador
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Pretty, but I could've gone without”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was one of my least favorite parts of the trip. Don't get me wrong, the volcanic cracks were beautiful, but with all there is to see in Galapagos I felt I could've done without and spent my time on something else..It doesn't take up that much time though, it was part of my bay tour which ended at 1..the bay tour up until and after the grietas was a bit boring for me but apparently others disagree..I guess I am more of an adventure person and it wasn't anything much more special than things I've seen outside of Galapagos..but still beautiful and worth seeing if you can.

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Montgomery, Alabama
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great View But..”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

First let me say the scenery at Las Grietas (once you get there) is beautiful and somewhat unique. But the hike to this area has much to be desired. There is a foul smell and lots of trash on the trail. Very unfortunate. We did not actually swim there because there were like 30-40 people (mostly locals in the their teens and 20s maybe) and we were nervous to leave our backpacks unattended on the rocks. (We were there during the local school break in March as we understand.) Though we didn't swim, the pictures we took were pretty but I'm unsure I would whole-heartedly be able to recommend this hike.

Canoa, Manabi, Ecuador
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“An adventure to go swimming!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great trek from town to this site which does not require a naturist guide. Be prepared to climb down boulders to get to the swimming hole. Go early and be there at high noon when the sun shines directly into the grotto. By late afternoon the place is packed with tourists on tours, and young locals strutting their stuff, jumping from heights and generally disrupting the solitude and beauty of this place. Do not take valuables.

London, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Interesting Grotto”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

It is worth the trip to this grotto for a swim if you go early in the morning as it gets busy. We went before 8am and had the place to ourselves until 9am.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Angela B
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“different heights to jump from, and a cool canyoning further back”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

there is one side where the masses of people go down the stairs. however you can walk to the other side if you are adventurous and not scared of heights. . . (or you can just swim across). from there you can go further back into the canyon for another 200 meters where there are no people, warmer water and more fish!

lots of different jump heights and super safe cause its deep.

but yes, the path there is treacherous so don't wear flipflops

3 Thank kayrez