“Wasn't Wowed”

Galapagos Deli
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Puerto Ayora
Cuisines: Diner, Pizza, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The Galapagos Deli serves the best natural homemade icecream in the island . Our delicious thin crust pizza is also renowned by our global customers.We also offer an exquisite freshly ground coffee and sandwiches made ​​with homemade bread. We open from tuesday to sunday from 07:00am to 22:00pm.
Puerto Ayero
“Wasn't Wowed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Lunch at Galapagos Deli proved a little disappointing. Maybe it was my own fault for not ordering the pizza. Instead I ordered a "sandwich de atun." I assumed the fish would be fresh caught and not something out of a can with a bit of mayo mixed in for good measure. The bread was definitely homemade, but slapping a piece of deli cheese on warm bread with a mayo-tuna spread doesn't a memorable sandwich make. Some chopped celery or pickle relish would've been enough for me or a few slices of tomato.

Left unsatisfied after my sandwich I ordered an ice cream. I'd seen rave reviews about the ice cream, which I'm pretty sure is actually gelato. A scoop of frtuilla (strawberry) and one of Oreo. I know, the combo wasn't the best match. Both were pretty standard as far as gelato. Nothing special, but maybe I was spoiled after working at Splendora's all those years ago. It takes a lot to impress me when it comes to gelato.

Overall, I would've seen it as the typical blandness it was if I hadn't read reviews that touted its tastiness.

• Visited August 2012

• Korean first
Sydney
“Good Pizza and Ice Cream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Reasonably priced and good pizza - small size should be enough for one person and are about $5 to $7.
The cookies didn't blow me away but the ice cream did. There are about 18 flavours.
We went for dinner and only pizza, salad and sandwiches are available.
Good, fast service.

• Visited August 2012
Prince George, Canada
“Yummy smells led us here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

We were exploring Pt.Ayora and found this little gem by accident. Yummy little place off the beaten path. We smelled it before we arrived and was surpirized at how clean and well presented this little place was. The chocolate chip cookies were just aveerage, with only about 10 chips in them... but those were YUMMY!!!

Def coming back for more! Staff we dealt with didn't speak english, but we were able to figure out everything easy enough. You are in a Spanish speaking country afterall, it is not their job to learn your language! :D

Visited May 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Ice Cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

Who does not love ice cream? Well even more so in Galapagos, the Ice Cream is hand made, and there are many flacors to choose from, you can get from 1 or 2 scoops of ice cream, and 1 is enough :), great treat after the many activities of the day.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank colombianfoodie
Paradise Island, New Providence Island
“Daytrips just got better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

we used this place everyday we did day trips.. they do excellent sandwitches in perfect packaging for day trips on boats.. really enjoyed the service

Visited April 2011