I stayed in Sir Frances Drake for two nights before heading to other islands.
The hotel is OK overall. No breakfast is included and we had an OK nights sleep and the hot water is very good.
- The room appeared to be very, very hot. There was a ceiling fan but it often started to rattle in the night so it can wake you up.
- The Wifi was pretty poor, it didn't work in the rooms very well.
- The toilet doors are way too short and very sharp (and we are not particularly tall). Many times we banged our head on the frame, almost drawing blood often. We had to manufacture our own padding on the frame to avoid damage to us. The door was less than 5tf 10!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hostel and its privileged location allows you to enjoy the most exclusive area of Santa Cruz Island located on the main road that will connect you in five minutes to the areas of greatest tourist activity, and major shopping centers, entertainment, culture, trade and gastronomy. Our hotel is just 15 minutes minutes Breeding Center "Fausto Llerena" where you can also learn the history of the legendary "Lonesome George". You will delight immediately with an exquisite view of the city surrounded by its fauna, flora and unique natural areas. It will be a privilege to host your visit to the Galapagos Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Hostel Sir Francis Drake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostel Sir Francis Drake Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz