“Good Food, Good Prices”

Ranked #9 of 58 Restaurants in Puerto Ayora
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: M
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Cafe Hernan is a great place to go for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. The food is good, and the prices are good. I spent a week in the Galapagos and I ate here every single day. The prices are lower than the other restaurants on the strip and the portion sizes are pretty large. Service is fairly good, the staff is friendly. Keep in mind though that you are in South America + Ecuador + On an Island, so they go by "South American Time" & "Island TIme" like all the other places in the Galapagos a sense of urgency is not on their priority list. But there is no rush anyways. Overall stop by and give it a try. The pizzas are pretty good and the smalls are enough to feed two normal people or one large Gringo like myself. Every time I was in there to eat I would see a lot of the same people eating there every day, must mean something good right?

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We ate dinner here and had the pasta carbonara. I wish I had had time to go back for more. It was delicious. Great service, good prices and great food.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Great pizza and burgers and marvelous service for a crowd as well as just the two of us. The prices were better here than other vendors.

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Service is super slow but the food was great!! We order shrimps with garlic sauce and fish with garlic sauce also, very good, fresh, good flavor. We had to wait a lot for it, and we still waiting for the bill ( we still here). staff are not rude, just slow.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

If you want a fancy mea, this is not the best but I rcommend it for basic items such as fried shrimp/fish and sandwiches/burgers. Priced way better than some of the other places.