“Very bad experiencie”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Very bad experiencie”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Well, we went there one week ago, and went to this place, recommended and everything. First of all, we had to pay 160 dolars for diving to Seymour, the guy that attended us (Pablo I think), tell us that we were going to receive the lunch from the hotel (the hotel is a very good one, Hotel Silberstein) and after we paid (we did'nt receive any paper) we wen't to check our customs and till there...everything was " ok". Next day we had to go to this agency, at 7:00 am...but it wasn't anybody at 7...7:05, 7:10...till was 7:20 and came to us people from another agency to pick us, cause we were the only ones from Silberstein...nobody gave us any explication...after that, we talked with other tourist from the other group, who were all from Nauti Diving, and paid 105 dolars for the same service...the diving wasn't very sure...the equipment not in very good state, these were one of my firtst divings...they weren't very supportive...specially a guy called Simon...and in one dive i had like 20 bars, saying to the guide this situation when i had just 50.bars..he was very relaxed, but it was very risky I think, and they exposed us all the time to these circumstances. After all this, we went to the Hotel to claim at leat that they pay us the diference...the man in charge wasn't there so my boyfriend talked by the phone with the manager...Alex or something, who did'nt respond, and didn't empathize with anything he tried to tell. It was a lie for 160 dolars, expensive for what they offer...I hope you guys could find something better than Nauti Diving or Dive Center Silberstein. We make also a claim with a kind of city council....

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Daniela W

Quito, Pichincha, Ecuador
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good agency; not so great experience”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The guides and equipment were great, so I can't speak against this company, but we were very disappointed with the day. I recommend not to book an afternoon dive, which is what we did. Most companies only offer morning dives but everything was booked for the one day we had free to dive, so we went with Nauti's afternoon option. We were supposed to leave the agency at 12 and left 20 min late, then, when we got to the dock to get on the boat we had to wait for over an hour for the morning boat to get back, because we were going to use that boat. Basically it was like 4-5 by the time we left and we only had time for 1 dive instead of 2 which was promised. The owner was very nice and returned to us half the money, but it wasn't so much about the money..When you spend a lot of money on a once in a life time trip to the Galapagos, you don't have time to waste..that was our only time to SCUBA and we wanted a really good experience..so I would have rather paid more for a good experience with 2 dives..It was still nice but the 1 dive thing and waiting was really annoying and we felt like we lost a day..We also went to Seymour and I wasn't impressed with the things we saw..also since it was at this point an evening dive, the visibility decreased..maybe it was just the day but I would recommend going somewhere else like Floreana or Gordon Rocks..everyone says the currents are so bad and it's for very experienced divers..I felt too nervous because I'm certified but hadn't dove in 3 years..but thinking back I'm a good swimmer so I think I would've been fine..others might disagree but if you are certified (and even if not) I don't feel like SCUBA diving is rocket science....also, the ony food they gave us were bread with tuna..so make sure to pack snacks, it's a long day.

Visited March 2013
Boulder, Colorado
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Scuba Diving with Nauti Diving”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I planned to visit the Galapagos Islands in February 2012 and had two friends that had been diving in the islands and said it was fantastic. One had dove with Nauti Diving so I contacted them via email to inquire about diving the islands. Vicente, the owner, was very responsive and told me about dive packages.

To make a long story short, I booked a dive package for February 1-6, 2012 for $2100 that included transport from the airport, 4 days of diving (2-3 dives/day was promised), lunch on the boat, and 5 nights in a "luxury" hotel. Plus, I was charged $45/day to rent gear! There was just one other German couple that had booked the same tour. The boat takes a max of 8 divers.

I could have saved $1500 by not pre-booking the trip and just booking day dive trips with Nauti Diving. I asked one American couple what they were paying for a day of diving and they were a bit elusive with their response while on the boat. Later I ran into them in town and they told me they were asked not to disclose what they had paid for the day diving which was only $160!

If you are planning a dive trip to Galapagos Islands during the low season (February 1-6 was very slow on the island), I would recommend NOT pre-booking your trip with Nauti Diving but to sign up the day before -- you'll save a ton money this way.

Additionally, the “luxury” hotel, Lobo Del Mar, Nauti Diving reserved was hardly worth the $118/night I was charged. I had even read awful reviews of the hotel and expressed my concerns before the trip to Vicente who said they had remodeled. Read the reviews for Lobo Del Mar but trust me do NOT stay there. I highly recommend Jean’s Home instead.

Africa, Vicente’s daughter, is the dive master we had, and she did bend over backwards to make things right as we had many equipment mishaps such as equipment left on shore and spending 2 hours going back for it. Consequently, we were never offered a third dive any of the four days of diving. Just inquire how many dives to expect before booking.

The boat is a comfortable sail boat (they never sail but always motor) and only does day trips to different dive sites.
The diving is incredible but only for intermediate to advance divers due to strong currents, cooler temperatures, and rough seas at times.

I would dive with Nauti Diving again – I just wouldn’t book an expensive dive package but sign up for day dives after I arrive on Santa Cruz (only during low season).

Visited February 2012
Arnprior, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Professional and fun dive experience”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

My wife and I were in the Galapagos for a dive trip. Nauti diving was recommended by a friend. Our initial reservation was a little skewed as we thought that we were doing a live aboard, however the staff went above and beyond to ensure things were right.
The boat has a double mast, 4 quarters for the max 8 divers that are on the boat. She’s not new but more than adequate space for crew and guests. The diving was fantastic, even though we did double up on a few dive sites, each dive was very different.

The highlight had to be having 100+ wild dolphins around the boat at one point and jumping into the middle of the open sea and snorkelling with them. Certainly that wouldn’t have been possible without the crew and dive masters.

If you love diving with big animals then go to the Galapagos. We’ll certainly be back for some more great diving in the Galapagos.

Visited April 2011