“Wonderful adult family vacation”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Casa Opuntia

View of front of house
Entrance and dining room Living room and door to patio
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Entrance and dining room
Living room and door to patio
Living room
Living room
Dining room and office area
Dining room and kitchen
Patio
Side deck and garden
Downstairs room one: twin beds
Downstairs room one: twin beds
Downstairs room two: queen bed
Stairs leading to second floor
Balcony
Balcony
Garden
View of house
Tortuga Bay (30 min walk from the house along a path within national park)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Portuguese first
Spanish first
Any
Nikki M
“Wonderful adult family vacation”
Reviewed June 8, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I usually do not write reviews, but this was such a spectacular place that I feel compelled to share with others. There were 6 of us, all adults who stayed at the house. It was a perfect size with 3 bedrooms and 3 1/2 baths. The house is very convenient to town and Tortuga Beach. Most days we took day excursions to other islands. This was so nice, and we did not have to stay on a cruise ship all day and night. We had our island hoping during the day, and then space to walk around at night and go to different restaurants . The hosts were very helpful. They even had 5 gallon bottles of water for us.

I highly recommend renting this house, we would certainly rent again.

Jun 15, 2017
Thank you very much for leaving a detailed review and we are so happy to know that you enjoyed the house! All the best to all of you!
JJ L
Toronto, Canada
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed September 15, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

We stayed at casa opuntia for a week. It was a very pleasant stay. My first thought was.... this is way too big of a place for 2 people :) I guess my husband was trying really hard to make sure our trip is comfortable. The house is clean. We didn't have a chance or need to use anything in the house other than our bed room, washroom, hammic in the balcony area but I would assume everything was in order. The water was out a couple times where we had to call the housekeeper and wait a bit before able to shower, but it was usually fixed within 20-30 min. Overall, very pleasant stay and I would recommend it to everyone.

Jul 14, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are sorry about the water inconvenience, we were having some pump problems at that time (which have luckily since ben fixed). Thanks for staying with us!
Stardog19
Tullahoma, Tennessee
“The most private home on the island in the center of it all❤️”
Reviewed July 18, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

We had such a wonderful stay here. The house is absolutely beautiful and the location could not be better. On top of that the entire property is surrounded by the most beautiful stone wall. It feels like you have the entire island to yourself. I can hardly describe it. You are in walking distance to everything and yet when you walk through the front gate you are miles away from it all. It is the best of both worlds. Located near everything and privacy from everyone. We got lucky finding this gem.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jul 19, 2016
Thank you for this detailed and lovely review! We are happy that you appreciated the gardens and privacy of this home. Come back again!
dan s
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Hidden Treasure that is an Island Gem”
Reviewed May 1, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

Casa Opuntia was an awesome "home away from home" the house was beautifully appointed with native hardwood furniture throughout. There will always be some reservations when you are going so far from home and have never seen the place BUT let me assure anyone who is considering staying at Casa Opuntia that the accommodations were excellent. If you are considering booking don't hesitate. All three bedrooms were well equipped with their own bathroom which was a major plus when traveling with teenagers. The master bedroom was on the second floor and was very spacious and private! It was awesome having the filtered water available for drinking.. The location was awesome it was right at the entrance to Tortuga Bay one of the nicest beaches on Santa Cruz. The house is located in a great area and is surrounded by a large rock wall which provided privacy and a island sanctuary. The decks up top were roomy and very accommodating with plenty of furniture for multiple people to hang out. It is a very short walk to downtown where there are multiple shops and excellent restaurants!!! We looked at some of the "nicer hotels" but let me tell you they do not come close Casa Opuntia!! Staying at Casa Opuntia allows you to experience Santa Cruz as a temporary native. Tatjana was an excellent host and answered all questions quickly her recommendations for restaurants and sightseeing on Santa Cruz were spot on!! Her recommendation for day trips on the Sea Finch was incredible-- we used them to go to Bartolome (incredible scenery and oh the penguins I could go on and on), North Seymour (if you are only going to take one day trip go here the frigates and blue footed boobies nesting were awesome!!), and lastly we went to Santa Fe (what can I say but seals, seals, seals-- swimming with the seals!!). The Sea Finch is the yacht you have to use!! Tatjana thanks for the use of your home it completed our trip of a lifetime!!!

Liked best: Location, Location, Location
Liked least: Leaving
Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
May 2, 2016
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this detailed review, I am so happy to know that you enjoyed the house, and most importantly got to go on great tours to really see the wildlife and what Galapagos is all about!
Mary Lou...
Tallahassee, Florida
“Feels just like I've borrowed a friend's fabulous home for a week!”
Reviewed November 2, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

First of all Tatjana is an amazing host. I bet I emailed her over twenty times with questions not even related to her place, and she promptly emailed me back with so much valuable information about the available day trips, tips to get around, where to go, what to do, etc. Casa Opuntia? Wow! It is beautiful, spacious, exceptionally clean and neat, a full kitchen, a fabulous view from the deck, quiet, safe - it's actually like being in a friend's home. The grounds are so lovely pictures don't do them justice. Easy walk to the town and dock areas also. Tatjana was out of town during our visit, but we loved the adorable housekeeper, Maria. Loved having some books available about the Galapagos. They were a big help! I can't say thanks enough to both Tatjana and Dustin for their exceptionally kind help after we lost a camera. No stone was left unturned, and my husband and I will be forever grateful for their support and help. I heartily recommend Casa Opuntia. Choose this place and you will be so glad you did!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I loved feeling as if I were in a friend's home.
Liked least: Nothing!
Families with young children
Apr 26, 2016
I know I have already written to you privately, but thank you again for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you appreciated the lovely gardens, Maria, and the house. We hope that you had a memorable holiday in the Galapagos!
Martitown
Bourbonnais, Illinois
“Private Paradise in Town”
Reviewed October 27, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

The only "problem" will be deciding which deck to enjoy. This house is both beautiful and comfortable. Each bedroom has it's own "in room" bathroom, with perfect walk-in showers. The yard provides privacy and an opportunity to spy many birds and lizards. It is in walking distance of everything in town. Tatjana, the owner, is great! You feel at home in her home. We loved it!

Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
Oct 28, 2015
Thank you for your comments about your stay! I am glad you appreciated the garden (we love the garden too, and do what we can to keep it looking nice). I am glad you had a nice time, and thank you for staying at Opuntia!
Bobby S
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Beautiful and convienent”
Reviewed October 25, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Great house and amenities. Our family get together of six at Opuntia worked well. Close walk to town and Tortuga Bay. We appreciated the books, kitchen, decks and Tatjana's advice.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: spaciousness and cleanliness
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oct 28, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Casa Opuntia, I am very happy to hear you and your family had a nice time at the house. All the best to you!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing