“Mediocre food, Pleasant atmosphere, acceptable service”
Review of IslaGrill

IslaGrill
Ranked #3 of 53 Restaurants in Puerto Ayora
Cuisines: Argentinean, Pizza, Ecuadorean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2014

“Mediocre and very expensive food. The service is adequate. Pleasant atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Pending review
I had a shrimp salad there, which had exactly 6 tiny shrimp in it. The service was fast and pleasant, My bear was cold, delivered fast, had to wait for the unfortunate salad though. To compensate me for the salad, I was offered a free desert and coffee. The coffee was EXCELLENT. The desert of my choice - fruit salad with ice cream arrived in around 20 minutes, but it was good.

I intended to give this place another go, but discovered an EXCELLENT restaurant in the Solymar hotel across the street. There the prices were only slightly more expensive, the service was truly bad, but the FOOD WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD. Ended up eating there every day :)

There are newer reviews for IslaGrill

Reviewed May 1, 2014

My husband and I ate here 4-5 times during our 7 day stay in Puerto Ayora. The Pizza, hamburgers, chicken sandwich, and steak were all good with good sized portions. We felt that the food was reasonably priced (i.e. not expensive) given the quality and freshness of the food.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had dinner and came back for lunch the next day because everything was awesome: the service, the food, the drinks, and the atmosphere. They even have several vegetarian options, which is a rarity on the island. Highly recommended!

1  Thank daisy21988
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I loved this gem of the island! We both had a fish dinner that was superb! The tuna was cooked to perfection, medium rare and the sauce was perfecto! Service was top notch and very friendly!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had dinner at the Isla Grill. Firstly, finally we found a place in Galapagos that serves ice cold beer! Perfect temperature beer. So many places have it cool but not cold. Here the condensation is dripping off the bottle. My first one didn't touch the sides. Also the ladies drinks were icy cold. So refreshing.

For meals two of us shared an Isla Grill platter for 2. This included a piece of tuna, 4 small prawns (shrimp), a calamari tube, a few octopus tentacles, a piece of chicken, a piece of steak, a couple of pieces of pork and a garlic laden chimmichurri sauce. If I was to be ultra picky the squid was a touch chewy and the chicken was a touch overcooked as was the tuna. However it was all delicious.

My partner ordered the pork ribs. These were a cracker of a dish. Perfectly cooked, meaty, tasty pork ribs. Highly recommend these.

The other highlight after traveling through South America were the perfectly cooked french fries. Oh how we have missed you! These were crunchy on the outside and soft and fluffy inside. So good!

For dessert we had a good passionfruit pie and the fruit and chocolate fondue. Huge portion of fruit and dark, slightly bitter chocolate.

Service was friendly and efficient. Overall we really enjoyed the Isla Grill. It's not michelin star food by any means but it's honest, tasty and decent serves. It's one of the best meals we had in the Galapagos.