“Delicious fare.”
Review of Il Giardino

Il Giardino
Ranked #4 of 58 Restaurants in Puerto Ayora
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Best place in Galápagos to enjoy a beautiful meal with family and friends, indulge yourself with fresh sea food, cocktails, coffee and tasty italian gelato.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We had dinner and lunch at Il Giardino and we were pleased by the quality of food and service. It was very good.

1  Thank rborie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,410)

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I went here as it was located very near to the place I was staying and I had spied the eggplant parmigiana on the menu. This place didn't let me down. The food was excellent and I was served a complimentary entree (which was also delicious). The ice cream and ice cream cocktails are also worth a mention. But be warned they could seriously change your waist line as they are amazing. Would 100% reccommend to anyone.

1  Thank fletchiekins
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Food is excellent and service is the best, even when they are full. We came back for a second day just becauuse we loved it!

1  Thank 1Arlyn1
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I came here after reading rave reviews from other travelers, and ended up being disappointed. The waiter-recommended soup turned out to be some thick faux-cheesy puree with giant chunks of potato and un-melted pieces of cheese. The burger was tasty, but the bun was much too large for it, so I ended up removing it in order to actually taste the fillings. I decided to finish up by ordering one of the ice cream dessert dishes that look so tasty in the pictures. Unfortunately it was piled high with a fake whipped topping which I had to scrape off in order to enjoy the ice cream. The fruit-based ice creams on their own are delicious, they're more like a sorbet than an actual ice cream, but I noticed that at the other cafes which served ice cream / gelato in Galapagos, they all are alike in missing a proper creamy texture that comes from using cream. On the other hand, with the heat, you likely won't care.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

good food, nice view, wort the wait for the table. nights are very busy with local phd and research scientists and not to mention the huge groups of tourists.