“Great crew great diving”

Dive Center Silberstein
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive with us into the spectacular and fascinating underwater world of the Galapagos Islands, one of the last natural paradises on earth. Discover nature at its purest and most original form, while following the footsteps of Darwin. See what is seen only in dreams...Each and every dive site around the islands ranks among the best and most impressive destinations in the world. Diving with pelagic fish and large sea creatures gives divers one of the most spectacular experiences possible. Encounters with different species of sharks, mantas, rays, whale sharks, marine turtles and sea lions are typically seen on most dives. With some luck, dolphins, marine iguanas and penguins can also be seen underwater!To give guests from around the world the opportunity to dive in this "natural aquarium", Hotel Silberstein in Puerto Ayora opened this Dive Center in February 2006.
Zaltbommel, The Netherlands
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great crew great diving”
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Very friendly welcome by Alex. We pre booked two days of diving. No extra paperwork or anything, everything was in order when we arrived. Max of ten divers on the boat and two guides. The guides are very professional and adequate. They gave good briefings and a good safety briefing. The diving was awesome. Hammerheads, eagle ray, sting ray, schools of baracuda, turtles, white tip sharks, galapagos shark. I would recommend silberstein to new divers and expierenced divers (i did over 800). The staff did everything to satisfy me and new openwater guys. Alex Pablo and crew thumbs up.

1 Thank stephanlisa81

Braunschweig, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Diving Experience”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The Silberstein-Crew and the dive-master Alex are perfect teachers for beginners. Went there, learned diving, loved it.
The boat, the equipment and the supplies are really good.
Typical for Ecuadorians they are joking around most of the time, but when it comes to diving they are nothing but professional - I felt really safe and could enjoy the white-tip sharks and turtles they showed me a lot!
Great experience.

1 Thank Julian R
“FAMILY DIVING EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Me and my mom both visited galapagos in order to dive, my mom was very nervous due to the fact that she had not dived in 3 years . I went to get certified. Alex and Ronie, gave us an amazing experience, and a very professional and familiar guidance, we had a lot of fun, with the whole crew and the experience was amazing.

I finally got certified and we where both incredibly happy and amused by the experience that was obviously accompanied by the Silberstein Dive center team.

I completely recommend the place.

Gracias Alex, Ronnie y Capi. Un abrazo desde Colombia!

Medellin, Colombia
“Best Dive Experience”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I was nervous at first, having not dived in 2 years, but Alex´s calm and fun demeanor quickly put me at ease. Both him and Ronnie are experienced divers, and were both great guides, particularly with the new divers.

In two dives we saw a white tipped reef sharks, hammerhead sharks, sea turtles, sea snakes, tonnes of fish and the friendliest sea lions! Water visibility was 100ft!

Whether you´re a first time diver or a master, I would highly recommend this company! My best dives yet!

Miami Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing diving! Great staff!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Had two great dives with this reliable and professional dive center. I was a bit nervous, as these were my first dives after finishing the course, but the Alex and Ronnie made me feel very comfortable and safe. Thank you!
I really recommend these guys if you're coming to Galapagos Islands and plan on diving.
If I would have a longer time here I would definitely continue my advanced course with the Silberstein Dive Center.