The Galapagos Suites is a very nice place in the middle of town, just a few blocks from the main drag, the Avenida Charles Darwin. Josie, the very helpful owner, gave us arguably her best room, a separate pavilion on the side of the main structure. It was spacious, with skylights for more natural lighting, and actually designed for handicapped access. The furniture was attractively modern with an Italian touch, influenced by her daughter who had studied in Italy. And there was free Wi-fi with good connection.
Breakfast, in the outdoor patio, was excellent, with lots of fruit and eggs cooked to order. There were fruit juices, toast with marmalade, etc. Josie can also get a taxi and arrange a tour for you to a turtle “ranch” and to a lava tunnel; she has two taxi drivers she usually calls upon. But neither of these two drivers speaks English, so be forewarned. If you speak some Spanish these guys are very nice, informative, and helpful. For more information, check my travel blog at
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Galapagos Suites is a lodging place that offers personalized first class service. We strive to provide a unique experience at our hotel. The hotel is within walking distance of the waterfront which allows our guest to experience the richness of the local culture, cuisine, shopping and beaches. Galapagos Suites has 5 rooms, each with private bathroom, hot water, air-conditioning, safety box, balcony area and American breakfast is included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Galapagos Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galapagos Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Hotel Galapagos Suites Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz