“Amazing Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Omaha, Nebraska
“Amazing Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

You will not find a better place to stay on Santa Cruz! This BnB is beautiful, clean, spacious. The breakfasts are very nice... fresh fruit, juice, meat and cheese, and great coffee cakes. The owners are beyond amazing... both delightful and helpful. This place exceeded my expectations and I would return in a heart beat. It was nice to have a personal safe in the room, especially on travels. The beds were comfortable. There is always access to safe water. Josey goes above and beyond to accommodate her guests.The location is perfect, right off the main street, so it's quiet but close and convenient. This is where you want to stay if you are in Puerto Ayora. There is AC if the night is hot and stuffy. The pictures posted are what you get. The place is that nice.

Room Tip: I don't know if there is a bad room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Very nice hotel, a short walk from Darwin Blvd and the ocean. The staff is very nice. It feels more like visiting family than staying in a hotel. The lady who worked at night was as worried as I when I thought my daughter might have gotten lost getting back to the hotel. She called my travel agent at galapagosislands.com to try to help me find her, but luckily my daughter came back by herself. This was a beautiful hotel, with a lovely breakfast in the morning

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

If you plan to visit the Galapagos you must stay at the Galapagos Suites. The owner Josy did everything possible to make us feel welcome; she spoiled us. Josy booked all our day trips off Santa Cruz island, made us homemade brownies to take along on the earlyboat rides, she let us use her kitchen when we needed it, arranged to have laundry washed, and basically catered to our every need. We stayed on Santa Cruz for 5 nights and our trip to the Galapagos was that much better because of Josy.

The Galapagos Suites is located near the tourist center and port of Santa Cruz island. The hotel is exceptionally clean, feels brand new inside the rooms, has hot water, free wifi, free homemade breakfast, and complimentary bottled water for drinking.

Josy can arrange your pick up from the Balta airport to the hotel; her driver Juan was there to pick us up at the airport, he handeled our luggage from Baltra airport to Santa Cruz island and drove us to the hotel. When we departed Juan stayed with us until we went through security at the airport.
Josy can also arrange transports to Isabela island, day trips to islands like the Plazas and North Seymore island.

Thank you Josy, we had a great time!

Room Tip: This is a small hotel with only five or six rooms. Book your reservation early. The easiest way to...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
South Lake Tahoe, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We spent two nights at Galapagos Suites after spending 5 days aboard a small ship and 10 days traveling through Peru. Eliana was so sweet and helpful while we were there. Our rooms were wonderful. Huge space and very comfortable. Since it was very hot, the AC was put to good use and much appreciated. The location is very close to the main part of town, but very quiet on the weekends. Easy walk to Darwin Center and shops and restaurants There is construction on other buildings going on during the week, but we were away on a tour with a guide Eliana arranged for us so we hardly noticed. Our guide's name was Sylvia, and if you have the time arrange a tour. Hotel also arranged our transportation to the airport.
We were charmed by our stay and were wishing we could stay a few more days.

Room Tip: Only six rooms to choose from, we were on the third floor, and enjoyed the view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CountryBumpkin_10
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We took great pleasure living in this charming place for two weeks. Nothing darkened our staying in the hotel while we were enjoing for beautiful nature and weather. Moreover I think we were lucky to start discovering Galapagos from Galapagos Suites. I wouldn't prepare a list of advantages because as a bussines it's excellent. Let me say we felt all hearts and souls put into this small hotel. No doubt I'll stay here if we ever go back to Galapagos again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tundrew
North Plains, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

My boyfriend, Stan, our son, Evan (21 y.o.) and I stayed at Galapagos Suites for 5 nights this past week. It is a small boutique hotel with only 6 rooms. I believe it was built in 2009 so everything is in perfect condition. The owners clearly have taken the time to make sure the entire establishment is professional and inviting. Lots of beautiful woodworking throughout, hammocks on the decks. Just outside the room door, shoe racks, small fridges, purified water in a big bottle dispenser. The "grounds" such as they are are beautifully maintained, as well as the rooms themselves. Even the signs asking us not to flush paper down the toilet matched all the other signage with a silhouette of the blue-footed booby on them.

Our room was spacious. We opted for the extra bed (versus extra room) for Evan, and it worked out fine. I even liked the shampoo and conditioner they provided!

Oh, and the location was convenient to everything, only about 2 blocks away from Charles Darwin Ave. on a quiet side street. Slept very well. Usually, I can't sleep the first night or two because of hearing all the strange noises, etc. No problemo here.

Our hostess, Iliana, could not have been nicer or more warm. I miss her already! Everyday, she bakes something special for breakfast. First day was (much to my delight) Tres Leche cake. Other days, banana cake or a chicken/cheese casserole. Daily, we also received small plates with cut-up fresh fruit, the juice of the day, and 2 slices of cheese (varied kinds) and 2 slices of ham or salami. Cereal was available with kefir-like yogurt to pour over it. And there is always wheat bread to make toast or a sandwich.

Iliana went beyond the call of duty in two ways. My room did not have a hair dryer. They typically have one to share with everyone and someone had already nabbed it. I had decided that "Oh well, I'm out of luck.". However, the next day, Iliana surprised me with a brand-new hairdryer for our room!

Stan left his credit card at Il Giordino restaurant the previous night, and unfortunately, the next day, the restaurant was closed. Iliana called the owner, explained the situation, As soon as she received word the card was located, Iliana, took to the street looking for us! Luckily, we were on the main drag watching the pelicans and sea lions at the fish market. We heard someone yelling, "Stan!!" and there she was. Stan dashed across the street to Il Giordino with Iliana, met the owner, and got the credit card back with no problems whatsoever.

How nice is that? Iliana is my hero! I'd recommend Galapagos Suites to anyone who can appreciate how lovely a place this is. Everyone associated with the hotel works VERY hard to make sure every guest feels welcome and comfortable.

Room Tip: As far as I'm concerned they are all good. GS is located on a small street about 2 blocks from C...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank yay4films
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in the first floor bedroom. Comfortable double bed, excellent bathroom, good a/c. Wonderful breakfasts with special requests handled with ease. We ate under a canopy on the veranda overlooking the small walled garden. Charming. The inn is very well kept and immaculate. It's a short walk (three blocks) to the harbor. A perfect place to stay on Santa Cruz. My only complaint was that the scent of the insect repellent oil was so sweet that it was difficult for me, but I don't think that would be a problem for everyone.

Room Tip: Unless you need a handicapped accessible room, I'd choose one on the second floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple