“Galapagos Alternative offers special adventures and care!”

Galapagos Alternative
More attraction details
Owner description: At Galapagos Alternative we specialize in personalized land-based tour packages. We offer unique experiences of the islands the way we see them: as locals. Choose the sights and activities most interesting to you, stay at local places, eat at local restaurants, and of course, get up-close experiences with the amazing animals that make the Galapagos Islands so special. We can help you find the best options to fit your timeframe, budget and preferences. We can help with all aspects of your trip, from booking unique accommodations to daily activities and transport between the islands. We are Jill and Javier Moreno, and we'd like to welcome you to our home. We look forward to treating you like family, showing you our favorite places, and ensuring that you have the experience of a lifetime in the amazing and beautiful Galapagos!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed January 7, 2010

Javier and Jill are the young dynamic duo who offer the most interesting and fun Galapagos itineraries. Everyone knows them (and genuinely likes them) on Santa Cruz Island, and they excude knowledge, organization and warmth. Seven of us from two families spent the first 5 days of 2010 in the very capable hands of Javier, Jill and their great stable of guides, naturalists, and fishing gurus. We did everything from kayaking, mt. biking, hiking, snorkeling, swimming, to fishing (where Javier and Capt. Felix made us fantastic ceviche from our fesh catch) in the beautiful, warm turquoise waters. Javier and Jill arranged everything; flights, transfers, activities, rentals, accommodations - all for one reasonable price per person. Highly recommended from this well traveled New Yorker.

5  Thank madrasmusik

Reviewed December 1, 2009

My son and I decided rather last minute (booked and paid for the trip Monday and arrived in Santa Cruz on Thursday!!) and Jill and Javier did an AMAZING job for us. I told Jill what was on my MUST do list, gave her our budget and let her know the type of traveling we enjoyed. She came back with an itineray that met all my goals and objectives. When my son's arrival in Santa Cruz was delayed a day, Javier and Jill took care of all the arrangements -- bookings were pushed back a day and air travel from the mainland to the islands was rescheduled -- and we didn't have to miss a thing! They treated us like family and we couldn't have asked for a better vacation. During our many strolls around town we would see Javier's smiling face and just felt at home with the entire trip. Two thumbs up for Galapagos Alternatives.

2  Thank TropicalTravelere
Reviewed November 7, 2009

Galapagos alternative was for me by far the best way of seeing The Galapagos Islands

It has been a dream of mine to visit Galapgos. Javier and Jill have excellent local knowledge and this adds so much more to the visit.

I snorkelled, scuba dived and went on horse back to Sierra negra. The snorkelling in Floreana was amazing

I know consider Javier and Jill good friends of mine. I loved hanging out with them.

The organisation of my trip was completely slick and the activities that were arranged were perfect.

If you are ging to visit Galapagos, don't stay on the oversized expensive cruise ships which contribute nothing to the island's local economy. Island hopping is the way forward. You won't regret a minute that you spend with Javier and Jill. They are awesome and really know there stuff!

5  Thank AnupUk
Reviewed October 8, 2009

When my husband and I went to Galapagos, our expectations were set extremely high after everything we've seen on TV and read in books. We were absolutely blown away. With Galapagos Alternative, Jill and Javier showed us exactly the Galapagos we wanted to see. We swam with sea lions, went fishing and cooked our fish on the beach, snorkeled, spent days on completely deserted beaches, drank with the locals at night and all of it was on our time. We never felt rushed to be somewhere or like we missed anything. We will definitely be back and we will absolutely use Galapagos Alternative. I talk about this trip all the time and there really aren't words to describe how wonderful it was. Thank you Jill and Javier!! We will see you again one day!

8  Thank loves-to-play
Reviewed August 9, 2009

jill and javier were the most delightful guides for going to this unbelievably beautiful place. don't miss "las grietas," a magical natural aquarium where you can swim with sea turtles, penguins and sharks...

4  Thank xyzbee