I would like to start by mentioning that this is my first TA review. I have stayed in some great hotels over the years, but unfortunately writing reviews is not something I've previously got round to. Our stay at Semilla Verde was so amazing that I made a promised myself that I would get round to it on this occasion.
Semilla Verde is situated 20 mins outside the coastal town of Puerto Ayora, set on a private hill side estate with stunning views all the way down to the sea. There are nature walks on site that are often visited by tortoises.
Prior to booking, our only reservation was about the isolated location, but I must say this was not a problem. A trip to/from town is included in the price and taxi's are inexpensive should you wish to go more than once.
The owner Robert, lives on site with his family. Semilla Verde is his project, The Galapagos Islands are his passion. He is extremely knowledgeable and his enthusiasm is infectious. He was always on hand to give suggestion and could organise trips at short notice, which was extremely useful. We particularly enjoyed the highlands tour. Diving on the islands is expensive, so if you are on a budget I would suggest going down to town to haggle.
The staff were brilliant! The food is restaurant quality, we particularly enjoyed the cerviche. The rooms are clean, spacious and have on-suite facilities. All the luxuries that you would expect from a hotel, but with a much more personal service.
If you are looking for somewhere to stay in The Galapagos, look no further.
If you read this Rob - thanks for making our honeymoon so enjoyable! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Semilla Verde is an exceptional hotel with the customs and personality of a traditional guesthouse." We believe your experience in the Galapagos Islands should be as unique and natural as you are. So, here at Semilla Verde we offer you the chance to stay somewhere far removed from your busy life and the standard hotel offering you may be used to. We invite you to step into another world, the original Galapagos, the true and enchanting islands. And, to experience the wonders of a rural forest dwelling and life alongside the unique wildlife you came so far to see. Your stay will be based in an original and idyllic rural retreat where peace, privacy and Galapagos wildlife abounds. You will enjoy one-to-one personal service, traditional home cooking, panoramic views from private terraces and exclusive access to nature trails through twelve acres of private forest where giant tortoises lumber freely and native birds thrive. At night, gaze up into the unspoilt majesty of the milky way. Nine comfortable en-suite bedrooms with AC, WiFi and DVD just 15 minutes taxi ride from Puerto Ayora town, costing just $7 e/w. All in all, an authentic and genuinely friendly and authentic land-base for your Galapagos adventure and an all encompassing alternative or add-on to a traditional cruise ship experience. Semilla Verde works with a local tour agency to offer complete hotel & tour package options too. You will visit outlying islands and local sites with qualified naturalist guides and experience first hand the beauty of Galapagos and it's unique flora and fauna - from giant tortoises and lava lizards to marine iguanas and playful sea lions, from volcanic landscapes to cloud forest. Return to the hotel at the end of an incomparable day and share your travel stories around the main dining table with other guests, whilst enjoying dinner freshly prepared in our kitchen. Indeed we don't work from a fixed menu rather we generally prepare one recipe for the group, but each guest receives a serving according to their individual preferences. The location is secluded but convenient and very safe. There is not another residence within hundreds of meters of this oasis. Semilla Verde remains true to the philosophy on which it originally built for good friends and family, ensuring a level of intimacy, small number of employees offering very personal service and home cooking your will only find in a traditional guesthouse. Semilla Verde comprises two hotel builidings some 100ft apart - the Semilla Verde Lodge (Rooms 1-6) and the Finch Wing (Rooms 7-9). They can work in unison or as separate entities for separate parties. betwen the two there is a fully equipped yoga studio where you can enjoy individual or group practice. Galapagos is famous for it's volcanic landscapes and unique wildlife, but it can also be somewhere for you to rediscover your true and unique nature, somewhere you can feel yourself again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Semilla Verde Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Semilla Verde Galapagos Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Semilla Verde Boutique Hotel Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz