“Ok hotel but, our tour operator charged way too much for it”
Review of Hotel Galapagos

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Ayora
Hotel Galapagos
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Puerto Ayora
Ontario
“Ok hotel but, our tour operator charged way too much for it”
Reviewed April 12, 2009

My 10 year old daughter and I spent two evenings at this hotel. I had booked through the Latin Trail Tours and asked for a hotel in the $75-$100 range. I was charged $90/night for a room with two single beds, which in comparison to other hotels I stayed in on the Galapagos Islands was way too much. The staff of the hotel could not speak any English, so I could not ask them what the regular cost of the hotel was.

The hotel was very basic, but clean. Breakfast was included, and consisted of croissants, jam, juice, coffee and hot chocolate for my daughter.

I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a simple, low cost place to stay, but I would not recommend booking it through Latin Tours.....

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 6, 2008

This Hotel was booked by a tour Operator called World Trails, LLC, also known as Latin Trails, and also known as Galapagos Cruises. The hotes was suppose to be at least a 3 star hotel, and this one is less than a 2 star. English is not spoken at the hotel, or on the tours that the hotel offers, or should I say it was not spoken on any of my tours or at the hotel desk. The rooms are reasonably clean, and the beds are reasonably comfortable. My room came with 3 meals that were well balanced, and portion controlled. It is located about 6 blocks from the Charles Darwin Interpretation Center, and 3 blocks from Chrles Darwin avenue, and the port which has most of the retail establishments. The people were friendly and tried to be helpful, but not speaking English makes it hard for a person that speaks only a little Spanish. If you want a low price hotel, and understand Spanish, this would be an OK place to stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — English not spoken in hotel or on tours offered, even though I paid for English tours
  • Stayed September 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank teobuck