i've now stayed in a 6 different hotels in ecuador so i'm trying to judge it on ecuadorian standards. but this still gets a poor review from me.
good: the people who work there are friendly and try to be nice.
bad: they are inconsiderate and trying to cut corners.
* they have a water jug to fill your bottles, but they don't ever fill it up.
* they have wifi and claim it works on the terrace but the signal only works in the lobby and it doesn't usually work. we stayed there for 5 nights and 2 days it didn't work at all, and the other days i had to reset the router each time i tried to connect my laptop wifi. my smart phone was never able to connect. when we did connect it was painfully slow.
* we were in room 4, and while we were having a siesta in mid day heat, they banged on the door and made us leave the room so they could refill the hotel water supply from a firehose truck. they could have at least let us know the day ahead of time.
* they told us they had a kitchen we could use, but they didn't have any pots and locked their fridge and cabinets so we couldn't use anything.
* another patron we met on the terrace said his A/C broke and they couldn't fix it and couldn't move him b/c all the rooms were full.
* they don't do all of the above things, but they do come in your room everyday and straighten your sheets an remove the bathroom garbage. go figure.
overall these guys are cheap and crafty, and while we were there we saw them charge anything from $30 to $50 a night. so bargain hard.
- Also Known As:
- Gardner Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Hotel Gardner Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz