We were at the Angermeyer for 3 nights during our Galapagos trip. First night was when we dropped off the Galapagos Sky and stayed in the Geko room very wide but no view, just to move to Isabela the day after. We left one of our heavy bags with the diving gear to be picked up in part two of our stay. In the second part we were there for 2 nights and stayed in the Pelican smaller room with incredible view of the Santa Cruz harbour. The food is great and good value for money and so are the drinks especially at happy hour. Angermeyer is very close to the more expensive Finch Bay but the location is better and you can get the same drinks for $10 less. We had dinner twice as the mainstream set up of Santa Cruz did not appeal to us especially after being in Isabela. We also had a trip to Santa Fe arranged that I would definitely recommend as we spent half hour with baby sea lions in the water. I booked the hotel with Expedia first but then contacted the front desk directly for trips, transfers etc and the service was fabulous. On our last day we booked last second the transfer service to Baltra. Though this was double the cost of just getting on yourself we had a driver taking us until check in. What's more wife had forgot her kindle in the room the driver got a prompt phone call and the kindle was delivered mid way by scooter. The rooms are impeccable and the mosquito net (essential in Santa Cruz) are super tight unlike some other outfits we have seen. If you don't want to be in the crowds and enjoy an impeccable location with 1st class service in the best location look no further
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When visiting the Galapagos islands, you will want to experience the special “Galapagos spirit” – and there is no better place to do that than here in our exclusive waterfront location. Using materials such as lava rocks and drift wood, we have created a unique atmosphere and the feeling of being close to nature. We are situated right on the waterfront in the area known as “Punta Estrada”, where we offer beautiful and relaxed surroundings for your dream holiday – on a piece of Galapagos history. Placed across the bay from Puerto Ayora, the hotel’s location ensures total privacy and undisturbed quiet. If you want to go to town, water taxis will take you to and from our private pier, 24 hours a day. Enjoy the sun on the terrace, a drink in our cozy cafe, have lunch or dinner on the waterfront deck, experience a beautiful Galapagos sunset and feel the enchantment of these unique islands together with family and friends. Our main aim is to make your stay one that you will always remember. We look forward to welcoming you at the ANGERMEYER WATERFRONT INN. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Angermeyer Waterfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angermeyer Waterfront Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Angermeyer Waterfront Inn Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz