Hotel Fiesta
B & B La Peregrina(Puerto Ayora)(Great Value!)
$80
$66
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Casa de Judy(Puerto Ayora)
$135
$95
  • Pool
Galapagos Best Hostel(Puerto Ayora)(Great Value!)
$45
$30
  • Bar/Lounge
La Fortaleza de Haro(Puerto Ayora)(Great Value!)
$90
$87
  • Breakfast included
Mi Caleta Inn(Puerto Ayora)(Great Value!)
$119
$99
Hotel Silberstein(Puerto Ayora)
$191
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Galapagos Native(Puerto Ayora)(Great Value!)
$75
  • Restaurant
$274
$245
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgranolaswimming pooltortuga baynice hotelover christmaschanged dailyfront desk staffquiet side streetminutes walk from the mainhighly recommend hotellovely pooltwin bedsquiet locationcommon areasmain buildingfresh fruitstayed here for nights
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is a perfect place to stay if you are on a budget with a family. They have larger delux cottages for family groups and two single bed rooms, like a motel (all with AC and TV). The breakfast that comes with this includes eggs, ham and cheese, yogurt and granola, coffee, juice, fruit, rolls and jam and toast. It is also next to the Laguna las Nintas which is in a mangrove area with lots of wildlife. It is far enough from town (four blocks) that it is mercifully quiet. The pool is lovely as is the gazebo for outdoor reading, the pool table and Ping pong area as well as the outdoor bar. There is a computer center in the lovely air conditioned lobby.
The staff is bi-lingual and most helpful. I highly recommend this hotel.

But those four blocks are an easy walk to restaurants, shops and sightseeing. All our day trips to other islands (Floreana, Isabella) met down at the docks. From the docks you can also take a water taxi over to Angermeyer's waterfront hotel which is where the trail begins to find a lovely beach (Germany) which is right in front of the Finch Bay Eco Hotel. This is also on the way to the Las Grietas...or Crevices the beautiful natural pools for swimming.

You can also walk or take a quick $1 cab ride to the Darwin Center on the other side of town.
On the way back if it's after 5 you can enjoy the Handicrafts markets. A few blocks up is an outdoor street food fair. Awesome authentic local food for a really cheap. you eat at picnic tables.

Meanwhile back at the hotel you can swim until after dark and if the bar is open ask for their Pina Colada. YUMMY!

Room Tip: The cottages sleep four in two sleeping areas, these are perfect for two kids. The smaller motel type rooms sleep two. I had a room across from the pool. It was wonderful. I could swim until late, watch the egrets, boobies and finch flying past and watch the full moon rise. Breakfast is from 7-9, but if you have an earlier sightseeing trip, just tell the staff the night before and they will have your breakfast ready if need be an hour before . :0)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank SallyFranz
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here for two nights after our cruise in March. It was one of the best places I have stayed in latin america for the price. The accommodations were excellent and the staff very friendly! I highly recommend this place to anyone staying in Puerto Ayora.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have been at the hotel in February and the hotel is really excellent. The manager and assistant manager were gracious and terrific, and the hotel is super clean and very good in every way. I fully recommend it.

Room Tip: All the rooms were great, no exceptions.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The Fiesta Hotel is an agreeable older hotel near the harbor (5 minutes walk), supermarket, tour operators and shops. Very near also to the entry of the walk to the Turtle Bay, one of the musts in Pto Ayora. Very nice large property, open sitting area, good pool to cool off, table tennis, snooker, breakfast area. Free bottled and drinking water. Rooms are not very big, no chairs, rather loud old air condition units, but very efficient. Very nice and helpful staff, congratulations. Breakfast is included (juice, fruit, ham, cheese, egg and bread), good to give you a start. A mid budget possibility with all amenities. Very quiet as the rooms face the garden and not the street.

Don't miss the Laguna Rosada about 20 km from Pto. Ayora with giant turtles (taxi 30 usd with waiting), the spectacular 2 km lava tunnel at Bella Vista (taxi one way 3 usd, take a lantern if you have one), i found the Darwin Center rather disappointing, much nicer and better kept turtle criadero in Isabela, nice bay tour (30 usd) and we also did the day tour to Fernandina, though we did not see too many animals there. The best tour we had was in Isabela the so called tunel tour (tunels and arches in the water 60 usd) where we saw while snorkeling many turtles, tintoreras (small white fin sharks) and other fish....). All in all a great experience, though not as ecological as you may expect.

Room Tip: All rooms go to the garden area, first floor probably nicer
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Hape007
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed in this hotel on my second visit to the island, and thought it was perfect for both my budget and needs. I didn't have a problem with insects, or loud noises, even though the place seemed to be at full capacity, with a huge group of local tourist from the main land. I didn't eat at the restaurant, opting for other eateries in town, either by the boardwalk (more expensive, but amazing views), or side streets (least expensive, and a great way to see everyday life enfolding).

Rooms were simple, but comfortable and welcoming, with basic utilities. Can't tell you if it had a TV or not, because if you are the kind of person that needs one while visiting Galapagos, then maybe you need to save your time and money and do something else. There's a pool too, but don't ask me how it was becasue I didn't get in. Half an hour away from the hotel you have Tortuga Bay, with one of the most beautiful beaches I've seen in my life (no tourists hordes, the beach is long and white sanded, with a very peaceful mangroove at the end of it, where most people go for a swim, but still not too crowded), so the idea of opting for a pool instead seemed ridiculous. But just in case, they do have one.

I only had breakfast once in the restaurant, for an early tour I took to Bartolome Island, not booked with the hotel but with an angency on the boardwalk. I didn't get any of the island tours offered by the hotel mentioned in here, opting to do them on my own, and got to see lots of flora and fauna, especially while visiting Las Grietas and Tortuga Bay. I don't know why would anyone pay for guided tours to these places, especially when they are open free to the public, easy access, and you get to hang around as long as you want. You can also rent bikes, or take a pick up truck to the places up in the highland (Lava Tunnels, for example).

I've been all over Ecuador, and some parts of South America, and for the conscient traveller, this is a great option to stay in.

By the way, this is an island, right smacked in the middle of the tropics, with potable water straight out of the Pacific, why would anyone need a hot shower is beyond my comprehension. If anything, I'd take by shower as cold as possible to refresh after sun drenched day. I can't remember if the room had or didn't have hot water, since I wouldn't have used it anyway.

Room Tip: The only thing that happened to me while staying in the hotel is that they took one of the three beds in the room, without telling me ar asking. I'd like to believe they knew I was by myself and didn't need all three beds. If you are sharing the room with a group of people, maybe you should remind them, or tell them, if you'll be needing all the beds. Also, do not spend too much time in you hotel, not because its a bad one, but because you should really spend most of your waking time out and about, seeing this beautiful and unique island in the Galapagos.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo