Using the Royal Palm as your base to discover these enchanted islands is the great untold secret of Galapagos. More than 90% of all foreign Galapagos tourists opt for the traditional boat trip, and usually put up with tiny cabins, engine noise at night, and smelly boat toilets. The little-known alternative is to get one of the extremely spacious villas of the Royal Palm and to do day-trips at your own pace. On a boat, you have to live by a regimented itinerary. When staying in this hotel, you can visit most of the places of the archipelago by day-trip and then put your head to rest in the peaceful and tranquil environment of your own villa (or go to the gym; get a massage; use the business center to stay on top of things; visit one of the local restaurants; enjoy the hot tub; get a DVD from the hotel's collection; etc etc).
The hotel is set in a quiet, fascinating environment with wonderful staff and virtually everything that you could dream of. You'll be woken up by the sound of birds and the hotel can book excellent local guides (all of them tried-and-tested).
I'd recommend the hotel any time....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Palm Hotel is a private family-owned hotel enjoying the quiet seclusion of its own 190 hectare estate in the lush Miconia Highland Forests of Santa Cruz. Located adjacent to the Galapagos National Park, the Royal Palm was built in 2002 and combines elegant colonial style with traditional island design. This boutique estate comprises 21 Casitas and Villas including family accommodation; the largest villa is named in honor of His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales who stayed at the hotel in 2009. The hotel has the relaxed and informal charm of an Ecuadorian Hacienda offering a unique sense of natural space. The Hotel is a member of Leading Hotels of the World and is the perfect location for both land and sea exploration of the Galapagos Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Royal Palm Hotel Galapagos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Palm Hotel Santa Cruz
- Royal Palm Santa Cruz
- Royal Palm Hotel Galapagos Galapagos Islands/Santa Cruz, Ecuador