The Royal Palm makes its visitors feel absolutely AMAZING and like royalty. We were able to stay in one of the villas and it was NICE. It seemed like we were literally the ONLY people staying there! We may have saw one other person our entire stay. Due to our budget, we were only scheduled to stay one night. Even that night was priced extremely well due to the construction that absolutely didn't bother us. However, we didn't want to leave and stayed another night!
Arrival to Galapagos was made extremely comfortable by their pick up service, which is only a few dollars more than doing it on your own. However, the driver has a sign with your name on it, waiting for you at the airport. He carried all of our bags, WOW! This was great, because you have a bus, boat and van transfer to get to the resort.
Their staff is VERY attentive, especially Gustave and Victor! We would literally call any time of the night for the fireplace to be lit or order food, even juice and someone would arrive very soon. Speaking of the food, it's only one of the 2 "cons" that I have about the place, everything else is a PRO! The only reason I have to complain about the food is because this place is so amazing that they should invest in better food. The food wasn't good at all and it was very overpriced to be practically be inedible.
The other "con" is the fact that the place is so far out. By staying another night, we missed opportunities to go to town and bargain for excursions. The place is pretty far from everything. So most fun, especially after dark, has to be held in your room. We had the best driver ever, the hotel called him for us. We hired him for a whole day for $100. Although he didn't speak any English, we were able to communicate very well.
All in all, this place is def worth the money. We couldn't find available reservations online, but we emailed and received an amazing price to stay here! I can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Palm Hotel is a private family-owned hotel enjoying the quiet seclusion of its own 190 hectare estate in the lush Miconia Highland Forests of Santa Cruz. Located adjacent to the Galapagos National Park, the Royal Palm was built in 2002 and combines elegant colonial style with traditional island design. This boutique estate comprises 21 Casitas and Villas including family accommodation; the largest villa is named in honor of His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales who stayed at the hotel in 2009. The hotel has the relaxed and informal charm of an Ecuadorian Hacienda offering a unique sense of natural space. The Hotel is a member of Leading Hotels of the World and is the perfect location for both land and sea exploration of the Galapagos Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Agoda, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Royal Palm Hotel Galapagos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Palm Hotel Santa Cruz
- Royal Palm Santa Cruz
- Royal Palm Hotel Galapagos Galapagos Islands/Santa Cruz, Ecuador