This is a very beautiful spot in the highlands of Santa Cruz Island. Modeled after the luxurious camps in East Africa, this is a real treat. It is expensive, and you get what you pay for: peaceful surroundings with superb service. The staff are so friendly, helpful, knowledgeable. In addition, they work with guides they have selected for excellence, so you can count on them to help arrange for wonderful guides/tours. We stayed in Tent #1 and had a gorgeous view of the lush greenery below us. This time of year there is a lot of heavy mist (called "garua") so we were glad to have light-weight water-resistant jackets. The Wi-Fi is slow and intermittent, but this is true all over the Galapagos. There is a comfortable platform replete with comfy chairs, couches, and tables, in ideal position for viewing sunsets. The staff cheerfully brought us drinks to accompany the view. There is a pool which we did not use as we were out enjoying a variety of tours. We spent 3 weeks in the Galapagos, and this was a wonderful interlude from staying right by the water and/or on a boat. They are very service-oriented due to excellent leadership from the manager.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GSC provides an authentic inland experience by offering 9 luxury safari tents – all with oceanview balcony- in an exclusive natural environment, both as an alternative or in addition to a sea-based travel itinerary. Tents are spacious with private bathroom and hot water. Guests gather by the fireplace in the main room to view the sunsets, taste our chef´s creative dishes in the panoramic dining room or enjoy the tranquility of the infinity pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Galapagos Safari Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galapagos Safari Camp Hotel Santa Cruz
- Galapagos Safari Camp Galapagos Islands/Santa Cruz, Ecuador