Our five night stay at the Safari Camp in the Galapagos was one of the highlights of our three week visit in Ecuador. Its location in the hills is stunning and provides somewhat cooler weather than hotels on the water. in that regard we did not find our daily ride to the tour boats to be an inconvenience, easily made up for the more pleasant weather. One of the great assets of this property is the manager, Katrine. She will tailor your outings to your expectations and, will be most attentive to your every need. Moreover, she is the perfect hostess and a pleasure to know. The chef is outstanding, and without question provided our best meals in Ecuador (including some highly rated restaurants in Quito). The tents are comfortable and functional but one should not expect the luxury of the high-end safari camps in the private reserves of Africa. On the other hand, the Lodge itself is beautiful and and perfect for lounging.
My only caveat does not apply to the Galapagos Safari Camp at all, but rather to booking your stay there with Tablet Hotels. While I would book hotels with them in great cities, they are not up to handling out -of -the -way adventure properties where logistic problems exist. For example, not having heard from Tablet, I called them several days before departure to enquire how one travelled from the airport to a ferry taking us to Santa Cruz Island and from the landing to the Lodge. The agent seemed amazed by my request (I do not believe she knew anything about the Galapagos) and after warning me several times that being met at the airport would require additional expense, she called the Safari manager who made the arrangements. The agent then called me back with the arrangements. Much could have been obviated, had I been put in touch with the manager much earlier, including, importantly, setting up tours in advance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GSC provides an authentic inland experience by offering 9 luxury safari tents – all with oceanview balcony- in an exclusive natural environment, both as an alternative or in addition to a sea-based travel itinerary. Tents are spacious with private bathroom and hot water. Guests gather by the fireplace in the main room to view the sunsets, taste our chef´s creative dishes in the panoramic dining room or enjoy the tranquility of the infinity pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith so you can book your Galapagos Safari Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galapagos Safari Camp Hotel Santa Cruz
- Galapagos Safari Camp Galapagos Islands/Santa Cruz, Ecuador