“Avoid it, if you have any problem they will try to make money from it”
Review of Darwin Scuba Dive

Darwin Scuba Dive
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We visited 4 diving centers before arriving to this. One was quite expensive, another two were not so dependable and the one we really wanted to travel with was fully booked for the next three days. So we decided to go with them because it had good reviews in tripadvisor, despite the owner seemed to be more interested on his computer than on giving us information about the dive (maximum deep, currents...). The dive was ok, even if I was a little surprised he didn't ask me to show my dive license. The other two divers also confirmed me they were not asked for it.
My dive equipment was a little worn but also ok, except for a slightly loose weight belt, that I lost in my second dive. And here my problems began. I told him I had lost my weight belt and he asked me 108$ for it! I told him the price was crazy and started to argue about the price. As we had also bought ferry tickets for the next day with him he threatened me not to allow me to board the ship if I didn't pay. I asked him for the bill to confirm this was the price he had pay for the belt, and of course he was not able to show it. Finally police came and we agreed on paying 50$, which is a fair price for what I saw in Internet (but for a new one, not for a used one)
When you pay 160$ for two dives you expect a quality they don't have and you also don't expect they are trying to make money of everything. There are many places in the island for diving, I don't know if the others places would have done the same, trying to make money from a lost weight belt, but I know in this place they do, so I would recommend you to go to another place.

1  Thank Lenka P

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We did a land tour with Darwin the guide an downer. A very nice person and was very helpfull and patient. We did Galapaguera, Puerto CHino, Ceibo house el junko volcano.
Try and go as early as possible and in a clean day to enjoy the view from EL junko. take snorkel gear for Puerto CHino. tour will take around 5 hrs. The earlier you go the better .

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Darwin is a great diver and knows the best spots to take you diving. I recently went on a night dive with him and saw great fish, turtles, lobsters and rays. The equipment at the shop is in great working order with all the necessary gear to help make your dive a great one. No need to bring anything with you as Darwin has all you need at his convenient location near the main water front street in town.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

San Cristobal was a beautiful island that I was thankful to spend a few days in. I met Darwin when he picked us up at the airport and right from the start you could see that he really enjoys what he does. He was friendly and always helpful and knew his business. He was a great guide and the prices for his excursions were fantastic. When my underwater camera got killed on a snorkel adventure, he lent us his own personal one so we could capture our water adventures to take home. His shop was organized and clean and his beautiful wife was there to help with anything we needed. His kind nature and devotion to family and friends will give you an incite to the Ecuadorian culture that lasts. If you are ever in San Cristobal and you get the pleasure of meeting Darwin, tell him hello for me!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Booked 2 tours with this company.
First to kicker rock
- they gave my husband and I both a women's small wetsuit obviously his didn't fit and he froze to death. (We had to pay extra for them)
-told that when we booked we were the 4th and there was a max of 16 people. The boat had 28 people on it!!
-the guide wasn't friendly at all even when my husband asked questions he got hardly a reply
-hardly any time snorkeling at kicker rock
- we were yelled at to hurry up when getting in and out of the boat due to the sheer amount of people on the boat that had to get on and off.
Highland tour- thought we booked a private tour for $60, could have booked a taxi for $40 but thought it was ok for the extra as we had an English speaking guide. Agreed to set off at 7.30 to make it to see the feeding at the breeding centre at 8am. On the morning of the tour two others were crammed in our car yet we still payed $30 each?? The other couple were half an hour late and we missed the feeding. Our guide was nice enough but didnt know much about the animals or if he did he didn't share it.
Only good thing was lunch at kicker rock a hot meal and coke. The Spanish speaking guide was much nicer than the English.