“Nice location, good pizza but overpriced”
Review of Calypso

Calypso
Cuisines: Pizza, Ecuadorean
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Calypso slogan is "known for pizza": I have to say that pizza is not comparable to Italian one, of course (we are still in Galapagos), but the taste is good and I was satisfied.
My girlfriend took a dish with fish, discreet but nothing more, above all if compared to the price.
All the plates are overpriced, for sure because of the very nice location on the Malecon.
In Puerto Baquerizo Moreno you can find better places at more reasonable prices.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I ate here with a group of more than a dozen people and we had a variety of plates, ranging from pizza to hamburgers to seafood offerings, all well prepared. I had the Calypso burger (fried egg on the hamburger) which was quite tasty. You can get a variety of excellent tasting fruit drinks and smoothies (or, if you like, beer or soft drinks). We also had something called a chocolate volcano - wow. Two scoops of ice cream next to a chocolate cake filled with hot chocolate sauce - not good for the waistline but great for the tastebuds!

After the meal, you can wander over to the beach (about 30 yards away) to see all the sea lions sleeping at night (I'd estimate there were 300 when we were there).

You can dine indoors or out, your choice. The service was good. In all, this was a good dining experience.

1  Thank DGtravelor
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Located on the beach, we really enjoyed the food here. a personal pizza makes a good appetizer to share for 2-4 people.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

We went twice to this restaurant while we were on the island. Great drinks, shakes and juices, and probably one of the best pizzas I've ever eaten in my life, and I've eaten a lot of those.

If has a great location near the sea-lions shore (great spectacle btw).

The service is fast and gentle, which are two not so popular virtues in other restaurants on the island.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

After all the seafood, pizza was a nice change. Many of the restaurants in town have very similar menus.