“Good dinner spot”
Review of Rosita

Rosita
Cuisines: Ecuadorean
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

We we're recommend to this place by the owners of Casa Mabell where we stayed. We found the food was reasonably priced and the service was good. Other than the volume on the music videos that they were showing the atmosphere was very pleasing for our dinner.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We arrived at San Cristabol with only 52 minutes for lunch and post card shopping. The tourist office recommended Rosita's. It was over one block and up one block, on the corner. Easy to find. When we arrived we ordered the menu of the day. We didn't even ask the price before ordering. As others have described, it was a large bowl of flavorful soup, a 10 to 12 ounce glass of orange juice and a main plate. The main plate included a tomato, avacado and lettuce salad, rice, a thin slice of beef and a yucca puff. We ordered a Pilsner to share.
It was delicious.
We might have found a cheaper meal but, really who can complain about 5 dollars for such a good meal. The large Pilsner was $3.80.
We even had time to get those post cards;four for a dollar. The post office is right on the main street.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

There are so few restaurants on the island of San Cristobal that if you're there for any length of time, you'll probably try them all. This wouldn't be my #1 choice due to the slow service and loud music. However, the food was great, so I'd say give it a try if you have time on your hands.

We listened to the trip advisor review of the pina colada, and they were right. It was great. It cost $9 though, which in San Cristobal pays for 2 lunches!

I had the fish soup and it was absolutely delicious. My partner had the fish and said it was also very good, but the fries were cold and not good at all. I thought I'd need to order a main course after the soup, but with the side order of patacones (which I'd highly recommend), you really don't need more.

Worth a visit if you want an outdoor table and a chilled out environment.

1  Thank Wanderfool44
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my family 3 times for dinner in our 5 night stay.
The food here is great and the music too. Some people complain about the music but that's how we latinos are! We love salsa :) Prices are average for San cristobal $5 for a soup, $11 for a Spaguetti Bolognese...
Def. would recomend this place!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Not a lot of choice for my wife here, who ended up ordering two soups, one vegetable one good, but the mushroom cream one fairly inedible and watery - unfortunately this was also the sauce on my steak, though my fish soup was decent enough. Wine and food on the expensive side compared with other places, but the oddest thing was the loud dance music videos playing from the tv in the corner... Surely not the best food on the island.