“Absolutely lovely and quaint place-We loved it!!”

Galapagos Eco Friendly
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Sacramento
“Absolutely lovely and quaint place-We loved it!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here two nights and really enjoyed it. Harry is wonderful not only as a host, and chef (breakfast) but as a tour guide too. Harry spent two days with us showing us around the island, explaining the history of the Galapagos islands and all about the animals. I would say the two days we spent with him were among the best of our 3 week trip, they were also the first two days of the trip.
I would definitely return to this lovely eco-lodge again. I felt the rooms to be modern, clean and comfortable and the grounds to be quaint. The breakfast each morning was great and the view from the breakfast room is fantastic.
Bravo Harry and keep up the good work!!!

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad rooms but of course the ground floor are more convenient as ther...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Galapagosecolodge, Owner at Galapagos Eco Friendly, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
It was my great pleasure to be the one to introduce you to Galapagos and help you get a real feel and appreciation for our beautiful island and culture. Your interest and thirst for knowledge was refreshing and prompted me to want to share more and more with you. I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to get your vacation off to a wonderful start. I bet you were sharing what you learned about sea lions, Galapagos tortoises, hot spots and the formation of Galapagos with everyone else on your trip and trust that every moment was wonderful for you both! Thanks for your lovely and thoughtful review, particularly your comments about the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms and the delicious breakfasts. Enjoy your photographs of the sea and the town below from the top of the hill! Harry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Katy, Texas
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I spent 2 weeks in the hotel while in a project in Galapagos, the hotel is clean and nice and the rooms are spacious.
The breakfast is a plus, fresh fruits and all meals are cooked in house which is very nice. The restaurant location allows for a full view of the bay.
The price is a bit north in comparison to the others near by hotels counting the internet reception is not that great.
The hotel is located in a hill which turns for a nice walk to town, however don't walk late because the stray dogs in the way to the hotel are not too friendly. So after a few drinks in town is better to take a taxi back to the hotel.
At this hotel is better to come in with a reservation otherwise you run the risk to be moved out if someone with a reservation shows up.
Overall is not bad !

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same, so it really doesn't matter
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Galapagosecolodge, Owner at Galapagos Eco Friendly, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
I want to first say "thank you" to you and your colleagues for performing the important and difficult work of removing the stranded cargo ship Italia from the rocks surrounding San Cristobal Island. It was our privilege to be able to provide you and those you work with lodging at the last minute and we wish we had been able to host you for the entire time you were on the island. But, as we informed you when you checked in, the hotel does get very busy and those with prior reservations are always given first priority. You mention the price of the hotel in your review. Of course, it's not enough to comment on pricing without taking into consideration the level of services and amenities here as contrasted to other nearby hotels. Our breakfasts, as you noted, are second to none. And, unlike most other locations, our rooms are equipped with the very latest in technology, cable television, in-room individualized quiet and environmentally sound air conditioners, purified water, microwave and refrigerator, to say nothing of the very high quality linens, mattresses and other appointments. Because we are an eco-lodge, we take pride in our use of LED lighting and the many other steps we have taken to preserve our environment. Hopefully, you will return to Galapagos again to enjoy our beautiful paradise. We appreciate your thoughtful review. Harry
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We cannot give Galapagos Ecolodge a high enough rating. We are a family of 4 and spent two nights here...we only wish we'd been able to stay longer. The Ecolodge has been lovingly built and is run by Harry and his family. It is clear that they take tremendous pride in their lodge and service. The rooms are immaculate. All of our needs were taken care of - Harry arranged for our airport and dock transportation, is a wealth of knowledge about the island where he grew up and is raising his family, and made recommendations and arrangements for all tours in which we were interested. A fantastic breakfast is provided as was laundry service. If you are heading to the Galapagos, we highly recommend a stop on San Cristobel (best island for sea lions!) and do not miss staying the the Galapagos EcoLodge. It was a highlight of our 10-day trip to the Galapagos and you will not regret it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Galapagosecolodge, Owner at Galapagos Eco Friendly, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
How wonderful to read that staying at the Galapagos Eco-Lodge was a highlight of your trip to Galapagos! All of us at the hotel appreciate your comments regarding our customer service. My family is so glad that we were able to share the love of our home on San Cristobal Island with yours. I’m thrilled that the trip planning met your expectations and that you took home memories to last a lifetime. Thank you for taking the time to review the Galapagos Eco-Lodge. Harry
el sobrante
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Galapagos EcoLodge. They have a beautiful view from their open-air dining room that is on the fourth floor of the lodge. Breakfast was always good and plentiful. My niece said the breakfast that included French toast was her favorite breakfast during our 3 weeks in Ecuador. We had a third floor room with comfortable beds and a clean bathroom. There was also a refrigerator and microwave in the room. I liked the colored lights in the room that were behind the bed, as well as the nighttime outdoor lighting. There is an above ground pool and shaded hammock area. The grounds are a work in progress. Harry was available to help us make arrangements for our short stay on the island. They also did some laundry for us at the last minute. The Wi-Fi signal was a little weak in our room, which was the last room on 3rd floor. We had to be near the window to get the signal. It is a short walk down the hill to town (5 minutes) and we felt safe walking at night. We always took a cab back up the hill (only $1). Be sure to go on a Kicker Rock tour and visit Las Loberias beach while on the island.

Room Tip: Weak wi-fi signal in the last room on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Your review, which we so appreciate, made all of us at the hotel remember you – and your darling niece – fondly. I have to credit Lucrecia for the delicious and abundant breakfasts and the extraordinary care taken to making your room comfortable and beautifully maintained. As for me, there’s nothing I enjoy more than helping my guests plan for each day in San Cristobal. I’m just thrilled that you had a wonderful time. Thanks for your thoughtful words. Harry
Marblehead
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We just returned a few days ago from beautiful San Cristobal! We chose to stay at the Ecolodge based on reviews we had read. All I can say is...WOW! From the moment Harry and his son meet us at the airport to us leaving to return home, we were very well taken care of. We stayed alittle over a week at the Ecolodge. Harry and his family are the nicest people you could hope to meet. The rooms were so lovely and very detailed. There was a microwave and small fridge in the room. Harry and his wife Lucrecia made the most amazing breakfast every morning! Harry went above and beyond in assisting us with getting trips planned, to making phone calls etc. He would assist in whatever was needed to make our stay wonderful! Harry let my husband and I use his snorkel gear while we were there. There are bikes to use, which we used alot. The bike ride was about 5 minutes to get to the waterfront! Harry has a pool set up and lovely hammocks. I could go on and on about our wonderful experience at the Ecolodge..........I will close in saying that if we ever return to the beautiful San Cristobal... we will definately be staying at the Ecolodge again!!! Thank you so much again Harry and family :)

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor and had a lovely view!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Galapagosecolodge, Owner at Galapagos Eco Friendly, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Having you at the hotel for over a week was a great opportunity for us as we got the chance to know you and to let you know about our home. You felt like part of the family to us and it was an absolute pleasure helping you plan your trips and immerse yourself in this island paradise. I don't really have the words to thank you enough for your stellar review and comments about my family and the service and atmosphere at the hotel. Your thoughts and support make us thrive and want to do even better all the time. Like you, we hope you return some day to see more gorgeous sunsets from our hill-top vista and have more wonderful experiences in the Galapagos Islands.
Memphis
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Nice relaxing place to either pass through on your way to & from Santa Cruz (as we did) or to stay for a while. Great room quality & hospitality. Run by a Multi-generational Galapagos family, it offers the opportunity for a brief history lesson if you're inclined to ask Harry a few questions. Safe and complete with hammocks and great books on Galapagos, etc.
It is located up a hill from town, so although we enjoyed walking off some food/drink, there is a slight incline to get there if that's an issue. However, that's what also provides great breakfast views and taxis are plentiful & cheap.

• Stayed July 2014
We enjoyed having you visit with us at the hotel. You were so generous in your interest in the history of the islands and our family's personal heritage. I loved the opportunity to share my knowledge with you and enhance your stay in that way. I'm thankful that you found our rooms and amenities to be of the highest quality and comfort. Thanks too for mentioning the hammock and garden areas that have recently been improved and completed. Attention to and anticipation of our guests' needs and expectations along with personal service will always be the most fundamental objectives of the Galapagos Eco-Lodge. Maybe you will return some day for an extended stay. We certainly hope so. Harry
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stayed as single traveler and felt safe and well taken care of...the walk to town is pleasant and safe even when it is dark. I borrowed snorkeling equipment from Harry and he assisted with planning day trips. The breakfast was superb every morning, almost more food than I could eat but somehow I found room for all the delicious food. I am a vegetarian and they easily accommodated me with breakfast. My room had a small refrigerator and microwave, the room was clean and comfortable. San Cristobal is an amazing island with so much to see and do, Harry is more than willing to help you figure out what to do each day and will arrange transportation.
I highly recommend this property and hope you have an equally amazing experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Galapagosecolodge, Owner at Galapagos Eco Friendly, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
I can't thank you enough for your glowing review and unqualified recommendation of the Galapagos Eco-Lodge. Your mention of safety particularly resonated with me. Because Individuals, families and children all stay at the hotel, safety always has been a high priority consideration. Thus we are located in a gated area that is accessible to only hotel guests with keys and out of the traffic of the city. We were delighted to have you as our guest, to plan your excursions, to share our snorkeling equipment and to keep you well fed with Lucrecia's epic breakfasts. Again, thank you for your review. Harry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Baquerizo Moreno
#6 of 8 in San Cristobal
La Zayapa Hotel
La Zayapa Hotel
#3 of 16 in Puerto Baquerizo Moreno

Been to Galapagos Eco Friendly? Share your experiences!