Casa Iguana Mar y Sol
Hotel Chatham(Puerto Baquerizo Moreno)
$45
  • Pool
Golden Bay Hotel & Spa(Puerto Baquerizo Moreno)
$320
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Casa Opuntia Galapagos(Puerto Baquerizo Moreno)
$118
  • Pool
Galapagos Sunset(Puerto Baquerizo Moreno)
$138
$107
Hotel Miconia(San Cristobal)
$165
  • Breakfast included
La Casa De Mi Sub(San Cristobal)(Great Value!)
$46
Hospedaje Darling(San Cristobal)
$40
Hotel Mar Azul(San Cristobal)
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb beach morningbeach towelsdelicious coffeehand mademar y solwonderful hostsla loberiabarking sealshotel is beautifultreated like familya true gemseparate sitting areaaccommodating hostsea turtlestop floorthe nicest place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Casa Iguana Mar Y Sol for one night. When we arrived we were met by our gracious hosts, Luis and Patricia. The main salon was well appointed and very clean, as was the room we stayed in. Overall the facilites were at higher than typical standards for the area. The room we had (the smallest available) was large with a large and comfortable bed and a private bathroom with a large shower. The room had a fridge which was stocked with cold bottles of water.Large windows allowed for a wonderful cross breeze which blew in off of the ocean.

The home was well cared for and our hosts clearly took a lot of effort to maintain it. On the uppermost floor there is a lovely veranda, offering a spectacular vista of sunsets over the harbour. Patricia speaks both Spanish and English and was able to give us good information for our stay in the town of Puerto Baquerizo Moreno. We were suffering a bit of gastro upset and Patricia offered us some meds to help us out and both she and Luis went above and beyond to make our short stay a pleasant one. The breakfast (included in the cost of the room) was home cooked and very nice, with pancakes and sausages, juice and coffee. The coffee served is home grown on property belonging to the owners and they roast it and serve it to their guests.

I wholeheartedly recommend this lovely home with a beautiful view of the harbour, conveniently located close to everything, far enough away though to offer some relief from the inevitable harbour sounds.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank wprincess4
Reviewed January 12, 2013

On our Dec 2012 to the Galapagos, we were able to book a night at the Casa Iguana before meeting our ship for our week long cruise. The owners were working in the yard the evening we arrived and really made us feel welcome. Luis and Patricia showed us around their beautiful Casa (designed and built by Luis). We stayed in a beautiful, open room; a wonderful introduction to the Galapagos. After a great breakfast cooked by Luis, Patricia walked us to the pier to make sure we connected with our travel group. Staying at the Casa Iguana was the prefect start to a perfect Galapagos vacation. Thanks, Patricia and Luis, we hope to return some day!

Room Tip: Take to Patricia if you have any special needs; all rooms seem to be spacious and well designed.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Thomas P
Reviewed January 11, 2013

May be the nicest hotel in town! In the absence of a 5 star and 4 star hotel, this is a welcome surprise filled with love and hospitality that made us feel right at home. It's not just a hotel but a home and a labor of love and we are glad we stayed here. Rooms were clean, breakfast was cooked to order, the coffee, grown and roasted by Louis, who built the entire project, was the best and the kitchen refrigerator was stocked with treats and drinks and edible ice cubes! The garden is beautiful and growing and getting better by the minute. Patricia has thought of your every need. Enjoy your stay here; its a special place.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MagTravels
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We had a terrific stay at the Casa Iguana Mar Y Sol. Quite possibly the cleanest place we have ever stayed in all of our travels. Pride of ownership really shows here. Luis and Patricia built this B&B from the ground up and the workmanship is very impressive. I should also mention the breakfast that Luis cooks were fabulous and the decorating was perfect. A cab from the airport is $1 and everything else is within waling distance. We were made to feel at home and would certainly love to come back again for another visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LuckyGuy55
Reviewed December 13, 2012

It would be hard to find fault or criticise the Casa Iguana!
The love and attention to detail that has gone into every aspect of the building and which is carried through to the service and welcome is really beyond anything I usually experience.
I must say that I don't often stay in guest houses or B&B's as I tend to prefer the amenities of larger hotels, but this came highly recommended by my agent (Imagine Latin America) and for 2 nights I decided to give it a whirl.
I had read all the reviews so knew pretty much what to expect... and really they live up to it. Patricia is very knowledgeable and helpful and she and Luis have a lot of pride in their house and their produce.
My room was lovely - I had the Lobo suite and the minute I saw it I knew I would sleep well there (which is the main thing after all).
The breakfasts (and the famed coffee) were copious and offered with the utmost hospitality. Luis is a cheery chap and sat with me each morning (despite my poor Spanish) and kept me company whilst I ate and made sure I didn't want anything more. I have rarely had such big breakfasts and his cheese omelette was amazing!
Location is excellent - just 30 secs to the seafront and about 5 mins to a very pretty beach with bar and facilities.
I would definitely recommend to anybody visiting San Cristobal.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo