I stayed here for a week as I joined my friends for daily fishing expeditions. It is located right next to the pier (where all the incoming tourists come in via water taxi) at the end of the 'boardwalk' that is the town of San Cristobal.
I was in Room 15, which is on the 3rd floor. The air conditioning and refrigerator worked. It took me a while to figure out how to get hot water from the shower, as it uses some kind of mini-electric hot water device. There is no hot water from the sink, however. There is afternoon music from the downstairs gym, which may bother you if you decided to stay in your room during the day (not sure why you're not exploring the island). The room was made every day. Wi-fi signal is iffy at best; it usually works better down by the lobby.
The breakfast is the same every day - eggs, toast, coffee, juice, fruit. One night they did prepare us sizzling tuna steaks (yellowfin tuna) - that we caught earlier. Pizza Miconia was interesting - odd ingredients, but very tasty after our group drank up a bottle of Bacardi outside in the rain.
Kathy is the very friendly proprietor - make sure to find and talk to her. She also runs some kind of Zumba class during the day in the gym, go check it out for eye candy.
Listen folks, this is not your typical Hilton, Holiday Inn, or even a Motel 6. Take a look at the entire neighborhood and you'll appreciate the charm of this place. I have to laugh at the person who ordered a banana and complained about getting a ripe one ... maybe he/she should stick to vacation locations that have Ritz-Carlton hotels. I mean come on, we are talking about a third world country here.
Tips: If staying here for an extended period, take a probiotic pill daily. Don't drink tap water - brush your teeth with bottled water, and spit out water when showering. Avoid pre-cut fruits and salads (I did not eat the breakfast fruits), which may be washed in unclean tap water. Ice is ok, they get them from a facility that uses bottled water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a 3-minute walk away from Oro's beach in San Cristobal, Hotel Miconia offers an outdoor swimming pool, an on-site seafood restaurant and free WiFi access. A free daily American breakfast is served. Each air-conditioned room here will provide you with a TV, a minibar and a private bathroom with a shower. You will also find a desk, a safety-deposit box and bed linen. Hotel Miconia offers a fitness centre, a tour desk and laundry facilities. A 5-minute drive will get you to a variety of restaurants and Mann Beach. Shipwreck bay is 300 m away and La Loberia beach can be reached after a 15-minute drive. San Cristobal Airport is just 5 minutes away by car. We speak your language! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Miconia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miconia Hotel San Cristobal
- Hotel Miconia San Cristobal, Galapagos Islands, Ecuador