We stayed for three nights at the hotel, which is on the sea front in Puerto Moreno, a perfect location. The hotel itself is okay, the food is quite good for lunch and dinner, although the breakfast is limited in choice. The bedrooms are of a reasonable size and are in generally in good order. The bathrooms are also okay, although if you look at the showers and the maze of wiring and fixes, you realise that the hotel has a major problem with water pressure and supplying hot water to the rooms. The shower in both our rooms was pitiful, cold and lacking in pressure. The loos don't always have enough pressure to flush properly either.
You also need to like loud 80's music being played in the gym each night for a couple of hours. Quite a few of the locals use this hotel as their gym.
Overall we would not recommend staying at the Miconia as we felt it was to expensive for the facilities and the service, which was average at best. They need to give the hotel a spruce up as well, the reception area and restaurant need decorating. Lastly, they should be made to turn the large screen TV off in the restaurant, as none of the guests are interested in Ecuadorean TV! This hotel relies on its location and the lack of decent local competition too much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a 3-minute walk away from Oro's beach in San Cristobal, Hotel Miconia offers an outdoor swimming pool, an on-site seafood restaurant and free WiFi access. A free daily American breakfast is served. Each air-conditioned room here will provide you with a TV, a minibar and a private bathroom with a shower. You will also find a desk, a safety-deposit box and bed linen. Hotel Miconia offers a fitness centre, a tour desk and laundry facilities. A 5-minute drive will get you to a variety of restaurants and Mann Beach. Shipwreck bay is 300 m away and La Loberia beach can be reached after a 15-minute drive. San Cristobal Airport is just 5 minutes away by car. We speak your language! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Miconia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miconia Hotel San Cristobal
- Hotel Miconia San Cristobal, Galapagos Islands, Ecuador